Advice on new system for 2017 RAM 1500

MikedSky

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello there. My truck was crushed by an avalanche this winter but never totaled. A lot of water damage inside the vehicle but insurance would only warranty the head. I just had that replaced with a 7 inch Pioneer AVH 4500 NEX. That was the unit in there and so they just put the same back in. I need to replace all the speakers, tweeters in the dash and front and back door panels and figure they might as well put in a sub while they are at it. Budget is around $1200 but could go up a bit I suppose. They best shop off the hill is trying to sell me on either the Kicker KSS269 or Kenwood eXcelon in that price range with a Kicker CXA 400.1 amp and an single 10 inch Kicker woofer under the seat. Haven't read many good things here about Kicker and not a ton of talk about the Kenwood eXcelons speakers.. Seems like Kicker amps are good and that one would be fine for what they are doing. Any thoughts on which speakers between the two or should I be looking at other brands in that price range or something that would be close. TY very much. This stuff seems more complicated than I thought. They want to charge me $1300 with install out the door but this is prob the best shop within an hour of me.

Last edited:
For speakers you may want to look at the CDT website. Great deals to be had. For installation you could check if there is a Best Buy around your area.
ty. The local best buy has terrible ratings for my area but I did def think about that one for sure. Appreciate the input. I'll look around. Seems steep for what I'm getting feels like it should be around 1 K.

Crutchfield is your friend!!!! Look at the Kenwood Excelon 6609 "component" set for fronts and a 6x9 coaxial for rears. 230ish a set for the 6609's. A decent class d 4 channel can be had for 200ish to power fronts and rears, kicker amp would be fine. That's the set up I run up front and rear doors in my '17 Ram. Running a RF Prime 300x4 and it's loud enough for me. Sub and amp are gonna be tough to fit into the budget with install. Are you capable at all of doing some yourself? The kenwood set drops right in with the adapters to connect to factory wiring. A cheap trim tool set from Harbor Freight is all you need to pop grills on the dash. I did my dash and 4 doors in about 2 hours total.

Last edited:
thanks again for the advice! Gonna try and get this setup next week. Gonna go Kenwood over the Kicker speakers.
I replied to your other thread. Id look at Infinity Kappas for the money on 6x9 components and an amp. But I would have chosen the kenwood over the Kickers of the two. Kappas for the win.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...