SWITCHING OUT FACTORY AMP+SUB FOR AFTERMARKET USING SAME WIRING.

Participant count
  • Participant list

keetjai1738

CarAudio.com Newbie
HI EVERYONE, IM SWITCHING OUT MY FACTORY AMP+SUB IN A 2005 FORD TERRITORY GHIA FOR AN AFTERMARKET 8" SUB+AMP IN ONE. STILL AM REALLY CONFUSED ON HOW TO GO ABOUT WIRING IT UP? HOW TO WORK WHAT WIRES ARE WHAT? ANY HELP BE AWESOME THANKS. (PICS BELOW)

Attachments

• FACTORY WIRING (NO PLUG).jpg
    FACTORY WIRING (NO PLUG).jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 285
  • READY TO GO.jpg
    READY TO GO.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 398
  • NEW AMP INPUTS 2.jpg
    NEW AMP INPUTS 2.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 288
  • WIRING KIT 3.jpg
    WIRING KIT 3.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 301
HI EVERYONE, IM SWITCHING OUT MY FACTORY AMP+SUB IN A 2005 FORD TERRITORY GHIA FOR AN AFTERMARKET 8" SUB+AMP IN ONE. STILL AM REALLY CONFUSED ON HOW TO GO ABOUT WIRING IT UP? HOW TO WORK WHAT WIRES ARE WHAT? ANY HELP BE AWESOME THANKS. (PICS BELOW)
IWANT TO AVOID USING THE WIRING KIT AND USE THE FACTORY WIRING IF POSSIBLE? NEED HELP ASAP.

i just wanted it be noticed mate. i need to get it sorted asap
Well, here's a tip, if you want other people to take the time to reply, you should put your best foot forward by taking the time to make your post legible and easy to read.

That said, you should try Google for factory wiring colors if you've already chopped things up and are dead set on using those wires. A professional installer would either use a pre-made wiring harness adapter or run all new wires if one were not available. Do not attempt to use factory ground or power to hook up an aftermarket amp.

Well, here's a tip, if you want other people to take the time to reply, you should put your best foot forward by taking the time to make your post legible and easy to read.

That said, you should try Google for factory wiring colors if you've already chopped things up and are dead set on using those wires. A professional installer would either use a pre-made wiring harness adapter or run all new wires if one were not available. Do not attempt to use factory ground or power to hook up an aftermarket amp.
THANKS FOR YA HELP WANKER

ANY HELP BE AWESOME THANKS.
Connect the short black wire to the GND- on the amp. Pinch the other end of the black wire under the bolt next to that wire loom.
Screenshot_20200902-232853~2.png

Connect the red wire to the Positive battery terminal with the fuse holder on that end (leave the fuse off). Connect other end of red wire to the +12V on the amp. Connect the yellow wire to the REM on the amp.
Now here is the difficult part. With a multimeter, check those wires for a 12 volt signal that goes "off" when the ignition is turned off. The black lead on the multi will go to the grounding bolt for this test. When 12 volts is found, that is where the yellow wire will be connected as well.
Now switch multimeter to OHMS. Wrap one of the factory wires to the black lead of the multi. Now touch red to other wires until one reads 2 to 4 ohms. Tape those together, they go to the factory speakers. There should only be one or two sets.
Now switch multimeter to AC millivolts. With the radio on, wrap one of the remaining wires to the black lead, now connect the red lead to other wires until one shows voltage. That will be the partner of the other. Now find the other set. These will be the music signal.
Those sets will be wired to a harness that came with your amp. It plugs into this white inlet.
Screenshot_20200903-013615(1)~2.png

Now, connect only one side and install fuse by the battery. Turn radio volume low and amp gain about 1/4 way. Now connect other set of wires to the white plug, if bass lessens, swap wires. But if bass goes up, you are set.
If you can make sense of all this, awesome. Keep us posted.

Connect the short black wire to the GND- on the amp. Pinch the other end of the black wire under the bolt next to that wire loom.View attachment 23390
Connect the red wire to the Positive battery terminal with the fuse holder on that end (leave the fuse off). Connect other end of red wire to the +12V on the amp. Connect the yellow wire to the REM on the amp.
Now here is the difficult part. With a multimeter, check those wires for a 12 volt signal that goes "off" when the ignition is turned off. The black lead on the multi will go to the grounding bolt for this test. When 12 volts is found, that is where the yellow wire will be connected as well.
Now switch multimeter to OHMS. Wrap one of the factory wires to the black lead of the multi. Now touch red to other wires until one reads 2 to 4 ohms. Tape those together, they go to the factory speakers. There should only be one or two sets.
Now switch multimeter to AC millivolts. With the radio on, wrap one of the remaining wires to the black lead, now connect the red lead to other wires until one shows voltage. That will be the partner of the other. Now find the other set. These will be the music signal.
Those sets will be wired to a harness that came with your amp. It plugs into this white inlet. View attachment 23391
Now, connect only one side and install fuse by the battery. Turn radio volume low and amp gain about 1/4 way. Now connect other set of wires to the white plug, if bass lessens, swap wires. But if bass goes up, you are set.
If you can make sense of all this, awesome. Keep us posted.
Thanks heaps mate very good info ill let ya know how it goes

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.