Amp cuts out at low RPMs

Participant count
  • Participant list

ludvigandersson

CarAudio.com Newbie
I've had a Rockford Fosgate Prime R1200-1D with 2 12" P3s hooked up to my Golf GTI for about a year. Recently my battery started dying and eventually I replaced it. At the same time of my battery dying I noticed that my amp would start to cut out at low RPMs. Even with the new battery the amp still cuts out. If I am cruising along and let off the gas for any reason, the amp cuts out. I have tested my alternator and it seems fine, keeping about 12.4 volts when off and about 13.8 when idle. Could it still be the alternator possibly?

Anyone have any idea what could be the problem?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.