Sweet camaro box tell me what you think!

o0o0o you have a firebird or camaro? im pretty good with that kinda car what year do you have? lol i see now im illiterat sorry .... if you wanna do a custom back there take out the plastic and build the box out of the car (i had an older style car but results should actually favor you more) the more rounded glass is something i would take advantage of. the result would be flat but what you do under the cover could be extreme. you can achieve 8-10 cubic feet of encloser space back there and remain flat just depends on what you do i had 11 in mine but older bodystyle is a wider car. large sealed is way i would do it but you would achieve enough space to do whatever you want with as many drivers as you could fit in there. either going for spl or sq your performance would go up with a build to encloser.

How much airspace is there in that box per sub. I know you need more with ported than sealed! Should I just keep it sealed. I know nothing about porting. I dont have alot of money but can I just build the little bottom part and screw the top part on will that give it a good seal?

That box looks very nice. That's what I wanna do in mine, but mine would just be a flat cover with the T-tops holes in it.

However, that box should NOT be ported. You could plug it up and it would be good sealed though. I happen to know that from the back seat to the well is about 15inches. There's 8inches of space from the bottom of the rear hump to the top of the back seat. It's 40 inches across.

If I calulated correctly that's about 4800 cu inches. That translates to about 2.75 cubic feet. Take that and divide by three and you get .91 cu ft of airspace per section. That is ideal for most low airspace sealed subs, but is NOWHERE near the size of box it should be to be ported. Also, all of that is NOT taking into account the space the wood itself consumes. Probably somewhere about .80-.85 actual airspace per section.

you can do a build to for about 300 or do a custom like box of that add for about hallf what they are chargin you..unfinished for that much lol

So dont port it! I only have 2 12's and I was planning on just making it more centered and taking out the amp rack. I would put the amp probably on a custom pod between the rear seats or to the left of where the ttops fit. Man I have no idea how to do this stuff and no job I was thinking of paying someone to do it. I want to but this Kenwood 1500 watt amp that sells for 739 marked down to 259 should I guys does it sound good for the money well i know it does but is it right for me?

i would go jbl 1200.1 and if space is an issue you can put one ten in the covvey hole on the driver side rear hatch area. a w7 an idmax or a adire brahma would be awesome there. we did it to a 94 camaro with a single kove kld 10" i bumped pretty good but the other three subs i mentioned would undoubtedly destroy that lol. forget my previous post about the big box you have t tops and prolly enjoy them lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.