Tony and his no knowledge of JL Audio subs

JL Playa RU
10+ year member

Yes, this Tony guy I'm reading about is about an idiot. I'm a dedicated JL user and I just got 2 12 in. JL W3's getting pushed by a JL Audio 500/1 amp, and they pound like a mother. That's with not getting pushed at all so what you may be doing wrong is trying to push way to many watts into the crappy JL speakers. If you want serious sound get W3's or W7's!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Originally posted by JL Playa RU Yes, this Tony guy I'm reading about is about an idiot.
That was highly uncalled for. Please remember this is a place for learning. Everyone has different experience levels, all however, deserve to be treated respectfully.

I'm a dedicated JL user and I just got 2 12 in. JL W3's getting pushed by a JL Audio 500/1 amp, and they pound like a mother. That's with not getting pushed at all so what you may be doing wrong is trying to push way to many watts into the crappy JL speakers. If you want serious sound get W3's or W7's!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif
Glad you are happy with your JL's! I have also had a good deal of luck with them. I have found that even the W0's are greatly under-rated and are capable of far greater power handling than they are rated for. The W3's are also some excellent subwoofers, however, I have a few minor issues with the W7 design and output. Basically a few areas of the woofer that hinder midbass response at certain frequencies and also promote slight distortion below 40Hz. Basically, they are not all they were hyped up to be........

take it easy,

-zane

Yeah I can understand that where I live no one really has W7's anyway they are sold here they retail for around $800 for the 12" without the box. Didn't mean to go crazy on Tony but he was probably trying to push way to many watts into his subs. It's like buying a Memphis Belle amp and having it push some Jenson 300 watt sub just doesn't make any sense you would most definitely smoke the sub. So remember at least match the wattage of your subs with the wattage with your amp, and if you can't have lower wattage on your amp then your subs then you won't have to worry about them blowing unless you push them over the RMS set wattage.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

i have heard that the w7 is a more like a midbass woofer than anything else i still think that the w6 is the better sub that jl makes i heard some w3's and didnt like the way they sounded the guy had 2 12 w3's with a jl 500 on it and i think the w6 is so much of a cleaner woofer and it seems like they handle more wattage to i was thinking of a 13.5 w7 but i have 3 12 w6's and i think im going to do 4 of them with a fosgate bd1000 on each pair or maybe the new 1000/1 jl amps when they come out what do you guys think

I would go with the JL 1000/1 such more cleaner bass and it's just an all around better amp. I will admit they cost a lot. I have my JL 500/1 and a 2 JL W3's and they pound pretty loud, but I don't really push mine a lot since the amp in a lab test can blow out 733 watts. So I try to be careful of not blowing my subs so they don't get pushed alot. I'm about to invest in a nice pair of JL components and a JL 300/4 amp which will sound pretty nice if I may say. Rockford does make some really good stuff but they overcharge for everything though.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I think it's the install the most proper install is the best the subwoofer sounds in. I have heard many good subs soun like crap and then be some of the loudest I have heard. Now as for the w7 dissapointing you zane how could it? I think this sub is incredible the only thing that dissapoitned me was the sq but hey i am into spl so i really dont care to much. Now as for the w6 being the better sub yes sq wise but most definatly not SPL in my opinion were the w3s lack in sq they pick up in SPl big time they are really the more all around better subs price sq spl combonation so if i were to go with one i would agian get the w3 i loved mine just need more bump so got ride of them but the amps you would notice alot of differnece in the new 1000/1 amp I plan on gettin one and 3 w6s would easily be better than one w7 but yea i do agree with zane they did hype the w7 up to be the greatest sub ever made but is by far a wimpy sub and trust me may very well be one of the best ever made in some peoples opinion. But trust me they will redisign the sub and make it better the are probally doing it as we speak.

Originally posted by 95gt i have heard that the w7 is a more like a midbass woofer than anything else i still think that the w6 is the better sub that jl makes i heard some w3's and didnt like the way they sounded the guy had 2 12 w3's with a jl 500 on it and i think the w6 is so much of a cleaner woofer and it seems like they handle more wattage to i was thinking of a 13.5 w7 but i have 3 12 w6's and i think im going to do 4 of them with a fosgate bd1000 on each pair or maybe the new 1000/1 jl amps when they come out what do you guys think
no its more like a sub sub woofer that needs midbass ...hits real low but not musical in upper frequency range for or as compared to other subs.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.