Sundown x8 burned coil

Nothing is more ignorant in this world than a smart car owner, they know everything and nothing can tell them otherwise. Absolute worst people to deal with in every imaginable way.
Yup...you've mentioned that several times now. Don't listen to us then OP if you that hard headed your always right and we're wrong, then your in the wrong forum.

My job would be great if the smart car was never invented lol. I have to deal with those damn things nearly every day.
Blame the people who think that **** up. Much like Skynet Network in the Terminator movies.....smart people think that stuff up.

Let a car drive by itself....or hell back in or parallel park for ya. Yeah sure. Not always a guarantee that will work every single time. Hell saw on MSN that a couple following GPS driving somewhere drove right into a lake lmao never laughed so hard. Ever heard of brakes buddy?!?!

I'm interested in a box design for some of that wooo! wooo!
Put a 2" round on a X8 and fire it up like the OP... you're gonna have whistling just like the OP had... lol

That "Woooo Woooo" tho... IDK... must be a thing in Spain...

Won't this thread die already... seriously

port tuning is perfect. its between 25-35hz, the problem is only some air whistle. the tuning freq SPL has nothing to envy to a cheap 15", I'd say its even louder.
If the port is whistling that is a big problem. Your box is too small and you have too little port area. You're obviously just guessing at tuning which is OK since if the port is unloading it's not functioning properly anyway. Build a proper box for that woofer!

how can something perfect have a questimate of 10 hz?
My first thought as well.

hi guys:The enclosure was sealed, and the idea was to keep it sealed, but ported, its muuuch louder and SQ is also better.

the bass that comes out of that Sub, is simply amazing, very soft and Deep, no Woooo Woooo even with the brazilian **** amp.

so guys, you are Little wrong about your predictions, I had a high sensibility 8" before, and it was Wooo wooo all day, even if the sub was suited for the enclosure. now with the X8, its another world. so its not always true, the enclosure might be too small for that sundown woofer, but it still sounds many times better than the "right" woofer.

now, my Smart roadster car, is ment to be a race car, it makes from stock 80HP, now 150HP. so I want to make it as lightweight as posible. the X8, might sound great, but it weights 14kg, that means some 2HP less for my car.

you can check out some videos of my Smart at my Instagram if you want, @yosoy.andrea, to make an Idea why I'm putting so much effort on a small box. maybe I need some shallow woofer, maybe 10" high excursión, but with less RMS
so the weight of the subwoofer has a direct effect on the horsepower of your car?...

some of the dumbest **** i have ever heard....

you want some Wooo woooo? its easy, you only need a woofer, best suited a 12" paper cone with paper surround, with virtually no Xmax. Ah PMPO Watts are crucial, you need tons of it, More Peak Wattage, better result. RMS wattage is less important, because its an unknown parameter, its only for experts.

then you put it into an oversized Wood box, and you drill a randoom port-hole in there (3-4" could be enough). you can fit a randoom short tube in the hole, but it also Works without anything. finally you set it full range, with subsonic pass set to at least 50hz (but you can set it to 100hz also). and now you have the ultimate brazilian style subwoofer with tons of woooooooo

about weight to power ratio, on a small car with Little HP, every Kg matters. and a Smart roadster is a choice of driving experience. such a small car, is completely different to a normal sport car. and sub 1ton car, you will get the difference at handling.

about weight to power ratio, on a small car with Little HP, every Kg matters. and a Smart roadster is a choice of driving experience. such a small car, is completely different to a normal sport car. and sub 1ton car, you will get the difference at handling.
If you haven't removed seats, carpet, and panels you don't really care about weight and you're just being silly. If you feel that an extra 10 pounds for a proper subwoofer box is too much you should probably pull out every bit of audio and definitely the carpet, panels, air conditioning, and everything else non-essential.

If you haven't removed seats, carpet, and panels you don't really care about weight and you're just being silly. If you feel that an extra 10 pounds for a proper subwoofer box is too much you should probably pull out every bit of audio and definitely the carpet, panels, air conditioning, and everything else non-essential.
yes, those picture you saw were prior to tuning. I removed AC, EGR, some minor stuff, I'll see how to remové carpets. my goal is to have 750kg dry, and oficial weight is 810kg. I might also work on lighter wheels ecc, but when I have money. if I can gain 10kg on my sound system, without loosing SQ, it would be great

yes, those picture you saw were prior to tuning. I removed AC, EGR, some minor stuff, I'll see how to remové carpets. my goal is to have 750kg dry, and oficial weight is 810kg. I might also work on lighter wheels ecc, but when I have money. if I can gain 10kg on my sound system, without loosing SQ, it would be great
Again, if 10kg is that important to you, you should remove the radio from the dash, all speakers, and every other bit of audio equipment. Next start replacing body panels with carbon fiber.

I've seen cars that are trying to be competitive racing and everything that isn't essential for just the one person driving is removed. Make up your mind. If you want good audio don't cry about adding some weight, if you want to turn a literal clown-car into a tuner you have bigger problems than a 10 pound subwoofer box.

I'm interested in a box design for some of that wooo! wooo!
It doesnt have anything to do with the box; like op said its the brasilian amp. Theyre made to reproduce the audio of brasilian fart ****, not typical american music. Get a taramps or stetsom amp for "wooh wooh" sounds.

It doesnt have anything to do with the box; like op said its the brasilian amp. Theyre made to reproduce the audio of brasilian fart ****, not typical american music. Get a taramps or stetsom amp for "wooh wooh" sounds.
its not only the amp, its also the box. everything is randoomly tuned to wooo wooooo

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

XxAndreaxX
spain
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
MrFoca
fixed.jpg