Sundown U Series 12 Enclosure

Yes I already have one. My SA12 was stolen so I thought I would Try the U series. I have it in the old SA 12 box now. Still waiting for it to break in be cause so far it doesnt hit as hard or as low as the SA.

Yes I already have one. My SA12 was stolen so I thought I would Try the U series. I have it in the old SA 12 box now. Still waiting for it to break in be cause so far it doesnt hit as hard or as low as the SA.
how much power do you have on it and whats the enclosure looking like?

may need more break in time and power.. it should sound like a SA with the low end of a X (or that's kinda what they said anyway) that thing may need 1500-2k

It replaced the zv3... it will not sound like a X
just saying should be loud right? i knew it was a mix of a couple of there subs.. yeah it says similar motor to x that's where i got it at..

Last edited by a moderator:
Im running an Orion XR2500.1D. Its birth sheet was 2977 watts at 12.6 volts so power isnt a problem. The box is exact specs off sundowns skethup blueprint.
Looks to me like between the extra displacements due to driver size, and extra port area... the box probably needs to be a bit bigger... idk exactly what would work without sitting down and modeling it up but with that much power and excursion you'll probably need 16-17in2^ft3 of port minimum.... maybe more.

That Sa-12 box is .06ft3 smaller due to driver displacement differences right off the bat and the port is IDK how much undersized in port area... should be a totally different beast once boxed properly.

Not sure how much extra port area you'll need but I'll look at it if you want... probably need a ton of extra port area with all the power you got.

This one has around 37in2 of port and is almost 17in2^ft3... probably do a lot better than the box you've currently got, that's 2.21ft3 net tuned to 32hz or so.

PCYj0q.jpg

hmu if you think that is one that'll fit your vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mattshady

mattshady
Cherokee Village, Ar
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Boomin_tahoe