Sundown x8 burned coil

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material. the sub still Works perfect under 50hz. but as you quit the filter, its over.
7yy6Dcq.jpg

nOOOOO!! Forghet about new enclosure! that enclosure is custom made for the car. its a Smart roadster, there's no space for a bigger enclosure. I was thinking about quitting the X8, and fitting something lighter, but same as strong at lows like the X8. But the enclosure is given, I can't get around!
8D3oGj6.jpg

this thread/subject just won't go away... lol

Never listens

nOOOOO!! Forghet about new enclosure! that enclosure is custom made for the car. its a Smart roadster, there's no space for a bigger enclosure. I was thinking about quitting the X8, and fitting something lighter, but same as strong at lows like the X8. But the enclosure is given, I can't get around!

first thing you need to do is buy a pallet load of recones for the x-8 and a ton of glue, cuz your gonna need it. Install the enclosure and put the woofer in it. Take your gains on the amps and dial them all the way up. Turn volume up to max on your headunit and enjoy the smell. Clip clip cook woofer, recone and repeat.

Forget about the x-8 and find yourself a woofer that will work good in the enclosure you have.

Its in a smart car?? There is definitely room in a smart car for bass as long as you want to sacrifice space.

Smart car owner......explains everything now. Anyone who has experience with Smart cars and their weirdo owners know what i mean.

Nothing wrong with a smart car bro.. id drive one.. just not stock.. id love to do what this guy did to one.

hey guys, I need Advice:what should I do?? spend the money to repair my X8?? buy another sub better suited for my enclosure?? I'll hear your hints. I have 800RMS amp.

attached some pictures of the enclosure. it has a 2" port tuned to 25-30hz

Little hint: before fitting the X8, I had a 8" 110RMS sub, suited for that enclosure. needless to say, the difference between the correct sub and oversized X8 is day and night (at win for the X8)
That box is far too small and I suspect the 2" port is inadequate. Since the box is a disaster you are trying to over-drive your amp to get that sub moving.

Really not sure what you can do if you can't find more space for a proper box. The sub is worth fixing, but you will always have poor results with that box.

That box is far too small and I suspect the 2" port is inadequate. Since the box is a disaster you are trying to over-drive your amp to get that sub moving.
Really not sure what you can do if you can't find more space for a proper box. The sub is worth fixing, but you will always have poor results with that box.
Finally someone said it. Take that papertowel port out of there and quit acting like you know what your doing OP. Sell off that sub for a shallowmount or a sub that's a good fitment for that enclosure. Sundown has a variety of 8's to choose from. But I suspect that building a custom enclosure might be needed since that factory sub enclosure looks hella smallish.

Finally someone said it. Take that papertowel port out of there and quit acting like you know what your doing OP. Sell off that sub for a shallowmount or a sub that's a good fitment for that enclosure. Sundown has a variety of 8's to choose from. But I suspect that building a custom enclosure might be needed since that factory sub enclosure looks hella smallish.
Actually, assuming the port is rigid I don't see any huge problem with it apart from turbulence at the opening and diameter may be too small. Not like nobody else uses external ports, not like guys with world records don't use external ports. My beef is port area may be too small and it is very probable that tuning is not optimum for that sub, though that's just going by the fact that it's obviously far too small of a box so you figure something else has been overlooked.

Sadly English isn't OP's first language so I think getting this really sorted out may be difficult.

Actually, assuming the port is rigid I don't see any huge problem with it apart from turbulence at the opening and diameter may be too small. Not like nobody else uses external ports, not like guys with world records don't use external ports. My beef is port area may be too small and it is very probable that tuning is not optimum for that sub, though that's just going by the fact that it's obviously far too small of a box so you figure something else has been overlooked.
Sadly English isn't OP's first language so I think getting this really sorted out may be difficult.
I think having any size port stick out 3 feet from a sub enclosure is just stupid...my opinion tho. And if the person was using it for SPL burps only might be ok but every day listening is a turn off for me. I don't see how you can call that factory enclosure ok with a hole cut into it that was modified by the OP. I don't think it was ported to begin with. Looked sealed, and OP was doing some "experimenting".

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

XxAndreaxX
spain
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
MrFoca
fixed.jpg