Sundown U 15 facing up or forward?

Correct, its a FSD2600.
I want to try 2 subs. I do understand if I go 2 U-series, I need to upgrade the amp. I would likely go with the scv3000 for the u Series.

If I stick with SA's then the FSD is the biggest I will go.

15's sound nice but I think 12" is the biggest I want to go.

I want loud and low for the power/voltage I am running.
uhm try scv 4000 at half ohm at the minimum. If you are just wiring to 1 ohm, i'd get a taramps or sound digital 8k.

I had a 3600 and 1/2 ohm with a 200 amp alternator and a pos red top and some power-hungry class ab fully regulated Amps in all at least 350 amps of draw and never dropped below 13.4. It only dropped from ripple..One battery seems to be bad or discharging
Ill try and troubleshoot my batteries.

Which sub would I gain 5db?

uhm try scv 4000 at half ohm at the minimum. If you are just wiring to 1 ohm, i'd get a taramps or sound digital 8k.
I seen taramps but that .5 scares the 5h1t out of me lol

Which sub would I gain 5db?
A pair of those U-12's on 5k at least ought to pound... no predictions tho... I'm sure that they'll decimate the X-10 in that box you got... lol... false floor the rear area and do it right.

This'll give you am idea of the size of a box done correctly for those subs/power...

6O7gNs.jpg

Big bass takes space, sorry ... but something like that might fit back there.

A pair of those U-12's on 5k at least ought to pound... no predictions tho... I'm sure that they'll decimate the X-10 in that box you got... lol... false floor the rear area and do it right.
This'll give you am idea of the size of a box done correctly for those subs/power...

6O7gNs.jpg

Big bass takes space, sorry ... but something like that might fit back there.

Woofers should be all the way to the left

Doing some reading, am I at high risk of a fire due to absence of a battery isolator at bat#2?

Do you guys use them?

If both my batteries are not "same brand," have different ratings and most likely not at the same life expectancy, am I at risk of over charging one of my batteries as my atl would think it's charging one battery instead of two?

Mike Singer replied via email and he makes a bypass so vehicles computer can't limit voltage... 69.00 (just incase someone needs a direction for similar problem).

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing some reading, am I at high risk of a fire due to absence of a battery isolator at bat#2?
Do you guys use them?

If both my batteries are not "same brand," have different ratings and most likely not at the same life expectancy, am I at risk of over charging one of my batteries as my atl would think it's charging one battery instead of two?

Mike Singer replied via email and he makes a bypass so vehicles computer can't limit voltage... 69.00 (just incase someone needs a direction for similar problem).
The majority of us actually run a 2nd batt without an isolator so I think you’ll be fine. Double check all your connections to make sure nothing is touching. Isolator is good if you don’t want your car to die in the middle of road. It’s not good if you wanna keep your voltages up. It’s okay if the batts are not the same brand but there is a general consensus that you should not mix lead acid with AGM. All the fuses you’re running is what’s protecting you from a fire.

I would recommend the bypass from Mike Singer as it will help with voltage.

The majority of us actually run a 2nd batt without an isolator so I think you’ll be fine. Double check all your connections to make sure nothing is touching. Isolator is good if you don’t want your car to die in the middle of road. It’s not good if you wanna keep your voltages up. It’s okay if the batts are not the same brand but there is a general consensus that you should not mix lead acid with AGM. All the fuses you’re running is what’s protecting you from a fire.
I would recommend the bypass from Mike Singer as it will help with voltage.

Thanks bro.

Bypass was paid for yesterday //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I went on the frontier forums and was told by a guy there with a hooked up frontier about the bypass and how high risk I am of having a fire etc...

On the other hand, in the past few days I've seen no one runs isolators for Car Audio.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.