Case for a single DIN stereo

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. It has the 8.4 Uconnect radio. I don't want to replace that with all of the integrated vehicle controls that are built into it. I have enough room under my drivers seat for a single DIN stereo. I've seen videos of guys at SPL competitions and they are standing outside their vehicle with their stereo inside of a case. I'm just wondering where I could find something like that? Also is it stupid to do what I'm talking about. If there is a better option I'd like to hear about it. I think it would be cheaper doing it this way as opposed to buying a dsp for the OEM radio. Thanks.

I have a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. It has the 8.4 Uconnect radio. I don't want to replace that with all of the integrated vehicle controls that are built into it. I have enough room under my drivers seat for a single DIN stereo. I've seen videos of guys at SPL competitions and they are standing outside their vehicle with their stereo inside of a case. I'm just wondering where I could find something like that? Also is it stupid to do what I'm talking about. If there is a better option I'd like to hear about it. I think it would be cheaper doing it this way as opposed to buying a dsp for the OEM radio. Thanks.
It should work especially if your using one of the half size media players

I just need to find where to get the casing for the single din stereos. Have you seen the guys using them before? Maybe the made them themselves? I'm not having any luck with my Google searches. I like the darts. Almost bought one a couple years ago.

I just need to find where to get the casing for the single din stereos. Have you seen the guys using them before? Maybe the made them themselves? I'm not having any luck with my Google searches. I like the darts. Almost bought one a couple years ago.
I bought mine when they first came out ..it is a pretty much loaded up limited model ...I had a JBL MS8 in it for a while but pulled it out a couple of years ago and have been trying to decide which route to go next ..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.