Sundown U 15 facing up or forward?

[quote name='shredder2']@THATpurpleKUSH I've actually thought about making my own but a diy glass box since my floor is weird af and I would like to use as much of it as possible. Doesn't look to hard, I just can't get the box size or port length down. I wouldn't even care about sanding it since its in my "get to work car" :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Got a pic of the box in question in car?.. I'd like to see it.[/QUOTE]

Sure, give me a bit since I am at work. I think I posted somewhere, I'll try and find it.

Wow lol.

Sorry, I don't understand this.

The numbers you gave me are a correct box port or the port I have is correct or close too?

edit (just realized picture did not show so its a reference towards port for x10)

Doubt that is the issue, box is like 48-52" long. I had plenty of space when giving dimensions to builder.

Well I guess it's time to find another SoCal box builder.

I am really considering a pair of U-12" right now that they are under 400 a piece. Then upgrade to a Scv 3k (or similar too).

you've all been very helpful! I appreciate it.
Think you’d be better off with a pair of SA’s even after you switch amps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote name='West1']I will ask for a refund, not sure if I will get it as its been about 4 months since I picked it up. A redo would be fine but I can't get upset for buying something I didn't not understand in the first place.
@THATpurpleKUSH I've actually thought about making my own but a diy glass box since my floor is weird af and I would like to use as much of it as possible. Doesn't look to hard, I just can't get the box size or port length down. I wouldn't even care about sanding it since its in my "get to work car" :laugh:

Any good sources on DIY glass enclosures?[/QUOTE]

Youtube lol. I personally wouldn't do a glassed box with a high output sub like that x10. You would have to brace the fuck out of it because the fiberglass sides will resonate like crazy and hurt the overall output. An ideal sub enclosure is 1ft thick concrete, you want something strong that won't resonate or leak. Obviously no one is going to use a concrete box in their vehicle but a well braced would box does great.

48"-52" wide?.. is it an underseat truck box?
correct. Ill guesstimate 48L X 16W x 18H. All ball park guesses and yes, it was suppose to be under the seat but after not coming to an agreement with box design, I said go ahead with height.

Youtube lol. I personally wouldn't do a glassed box with a high output sub like that x10. You would have to brace the fuck out of it because the fiberglass sides will resonate like crazy and hurt the overall output. An ideal sub enclosure is 1ft thick concrete, you want something strong that won't resonate or leak. Obviously no one is going to use a concrete box in their vehicle but a well braced would box does great.
I see. I did watch a bunch of YouTube vids and seen people do thick amounts of glass. More so on flat areas with no curves.

I am really stuck on subs for my truck. If I had 3 SA, you think I could get away with a DIY glass box?

A pair of sa-12's in the proper box on 2-3k will kill it in a Frontier... back seat is out? Should be easy.

I could design something....

But you'd have to build it or get it built... lol

Can you elaborate a little more please.
SA’s are proven solid. I’m always skeptical of new stuff until I hear or see it. Your amp or future amp would be ideal for the SA after rise. You can get 2 SA’s for a little more than one U series. Have they released T/S on the U series?

Get a new box for that x. I got 2 of them in my frontier and they are tearing my truck apart. Your box is the problem, the x10 is a solid subwoofer

SA’s are proven solid. I’m always skeptical of new stuff until I hear or see it. Your amp or future amp would be ideal for the SA after rise. You can get 2 SA’s for a little more than one U series. Have they released T/S on the U series?

Yep.. T/S is on FB I believe

There's the U-15D2...

4kDmq8b.jpg

Get a new box for that x. I got 2 of them in my frontier and they are tearing my truck apart. Your box is the problem, the x10 is a solid subwoofer
Pics or it never happened //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif

What amp, box tuning and big3? What's the biggest wire gauge from bat to alt you are using? Getting anything bigger than 1ga is a PITA!

Yep.. T/S is on FB I believe
There's the U-15D2...

4kDmq8b.jpg
sadly I have no clue what any of those numbers or abbreviations mean. Any links where it breaks them down without having to read the anatomy of electricity through the eyes of someone who doesn't understand electricity lingo? Lol

That’s what I’m saying.. I’ve heard a lot of x and zv4 installs that just sound like shlt and people blame it on the subwoofers. Nope it’s the install/enclosure

I would do sub up port to the side with the new box. I wouldn't do a notched bottom either- it's not good for internal air flow.

I would also clean up the install, do a false floor that the box can be attached to and give the amps solid locations to mount to instead of sliding and vibrating around.

My X 15's will play up to 50Hz...then they start to fade off afterwords. It's basically how their tuned in an enclosure. Since mine are tuned to 30Hz, I'll lose a little upper output but gain more on the loooow end.

People say they don't play upper freq is somewhat not true. Unless you wanna play 90Hz on songs which I Don't understand why....

Agreeing with other people on here. The X series has been a proven performer. Get a custom box built or have one built. They're not made for prefab boxes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.