Sundown SA15,Kicker Solobaric L7 15, Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 15, or Memphis M6 15?

A real budget helps. Personally i would work with the truck. The truck should be easier to get loud and easier to get a ho alt for it. If you have the money do 4-12" sa's a 3-4kw amp, 270+a alt, two g31 batteries and 50ft of 1/0 wire. Have a custom box built or build it yourself but have someone with knowledge of that truck to design it.
lol he is in high school so im assuming he is not trying to spend that much money lol

[quote name='dudeogo']I have an 04 Bonneville SLE and a 05 Dodge Ram 1500 @Loudz I can put it in either. In my ram, I have the quad cab and never use the back seat, so I could fold the seat up and put a huge box there.[/QUOTE]

https://youtu.be/O0MiPs_NSXU

This Is my buddies boniville^ he has 6cube box with 70" of port tuned to 28hz.... two 12s on a lot of power but even when it was on low power it was still a monster

That's why he should give a real budget. He could save money going to 4 ssa dcons $145 each get a solid 2k and 1g31 for the back. The factory alt on that truck should be 145a with a second battery It should be enough for 2k. Still recommend a custom designed box from a knowledgeable box designer. He wants loud so a low tuned box is not it. Id recommend 35hz-38hz.

lol he is in high school so im assuming he is not trying to spend that much money lol
True. My budget is around 1000 for the woofers. The amp I can figure out, my dad's company sells some. Or I can just wait and buy anything else I could need.

Id still look at 4-12's over 2-15's roughly same size box but there is more cone area, motor strength, and better cooling for more reliability. The ssa dcons are well within budget the problem with going with the high powered subs like a pair of zv4 15's is you will need a decently upgraded electrical to power them. 2k is about max what I would put on stock alt with added battery in the back. You could get 4 sa 12's and run them off 2k then upgrade power to a 3.5k-4k later when money is available to upgrade the alt and add batteries. 4 sa 12's is still under $1k

The point here is not to beat him with a clear advantage in terms of cone area. Use a single NSv3 sundown 12 on 3.5k and destroy his two 15s with a single 12 and he'll be like WTF?!?!!

Last edited by a moderator:
So, how loud would 4 SSA Dcon 15s be compared to 2 Sundown Sa 15s?
The Dcons have way more cone area. You cant compare that to 2 sundown 15s.

IMO to say money i would just get 2 Sundown SA-15s, get a good box built and you wont need a ton of power for those to get loud. They are really efficient subs power wise. 2 of those on 1500 rms would be good but 2 on 2500 watts would probably sing and not kill the wallet.

Another choice would be FU Audio 750 15s. They are similar to the SA class wise but are actually alittle cheaper but still a very capable sub. I have seen a bunch of impressive builds with them. They are actually on sale foe $140 shipped right now

That box would be huge for 4 15's like i said 4 12's would be sick. the fu 750 subs are a great deal if you do decide to get 4 15's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.