The New MTX 9512-22

TnTBadman

mtx_9512-22.jpg

https://www.mtx.com/9512-22-car-audio-subwoofer

I've always wanted the original 9500 but they are discontinued now apparently.

One would assume that their new woofer would be even better...
apex-95series1-200.gif
new tech, specs, etc.

problem is, there are ZERO videos, reviews or opinions on this subwoofer online, which is weird as hell.

I understand it's more $$ than other 12"s, but that never stopped consumers from buying something before.

Does anyone have any idea why there is no information on these subs? or does anyone have any info?

It won't be long before I start a preorder. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

What am I looking at here, friend...

is this mtx 9500 related?

Last edited by a moderator:
What am I looking at here, friend...
is this mtx 9500 related?
No, it's him trying to shill his own product without becoming a vendor.

The reason nobody is talking about the new 95 is that the type of person who can afford that MSRP is buying DD, Atomic, Incriminator, Sundown, Fi, etc. The sort of person who is buying them has NEVER frequented a forum and just walked into their local shop, asked what the "best" one was and handed over a credit card without asking the price. I'd be amazed if half the shops selling them could build a proper box if their life depended on it.

The old 95 is pretty beast. There's a guy local who uses those motors with custom softparts that gets into the 160s and Box Guy Dave had a really sweet quarter wave TL that ran some that sounded really awesome.

That S surround isnt new tech. Its on the mk2 tm65s
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
The MTX has been out for a few years.

But it's not new. It's based off Alpines HAMMER surrounds

For $900 I'm buying the real 9500. The DD that will **** all over that China made paperweight.

But yes Hispls hit it. We are going to buy a better woofer. American built custom woofers.

The MTX has been out for a few years. But it's not new. It's based off Alpines HAMMER surrounds

For $900 I'm buying the real 9500. The DD that will **** all over that China made papermaker.

But yes Hispls hit it. We are going to buy a better woofer. American built custom woofers.

Fixed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Looks like they're copying Cerwin Vega Vega series too. They had that "double surround" as well.

The reason nobody is talking about the new 95 is that the type of person who can afford that MSRP is buying DD, Atomic, Incriminator, Sundown, Fi, etc. The sort of person who is buying them has NEVER frequented a forum and just walked into their local shop, asked what the "best" one was and handed over a credit card without asking the price. I'd be amazed if half the shops selling them could build a proper box if their life depended on it.

The old 95 is pretty beast. There's a guy local who uses those motors with custom softparts that gets into the 160s and Box Guy Dave had a really sweet quarter wave TL that ran some that sounded really awesome.
Its not for sale. I'm wrong for a plug? Seriously. I don't spam.

https://www.mtx.com/car-audio-subwoofers
Funny how the 12 and 15 are the same price. For 900 bucks, both my 15's cost a tad over 1/2 that.

Here's your original 9500's. People want an arm and a leg for them.

https://offerupnow.com/item/detail/163525770/mtx-9500-12
So what is the actual cost difference of 15" over 12"? It's around 10$ for me give or take a few more grams of glue and another pound or two shipping weight. Inconsequential.

I'd say the old MTX 95 is probably worth it at 400$. Depending on condition definitely not too unreasonable for what they are. With some custom softparts it'll hang with TRF/TSNS/4hp. Of course the MSRP on the old one is only 500$ at MTX website so I'd think 350 would be a more fair used price.

i have had both and the new 95 series sub is better than the previous model. larger xmax, higher power handling, better cooling. there is more. i agree the high price is a turn off but the new version is much improved.

That was my assumption but I'm still amazed that there are NO videos or presence online at all... google search, youtube nothing on them.

PPL buy 1000$ apple phones when a $300 android is a greater value. What I'm saying is that SOMEONE had to buy one,

It's confusing to me why no one has any experience with them.

The MTX has been out for a few years. But it's not new. It's based off Alpines HAMMER surrounds

For $900 I'm buying the real 9500. The DD that will **** all over that China made paperweight.

I am located in Canada, my DD dealer priced the DD9512 @ $1350.00

After getting the 9500 shipped it'll be around $1,200

is MTX no longer american made?

https://www.mtx.com/car-audio-subwoofers
Funny how the 12 and 15 are the same price. For 900 bucks, both my 15's cost a tad over 1/2 that.

Here's your original 9500's. People want an arm and a leg for them.

https://offerupnow.com/item/detail/163525770/mtx-9500-12
I would LOVE to get my hands on a original 9500... my custom snail shell box was designed for it, i just never had the $ back in 2006 to get it up and running.

i have had both and the new 95 series sub is better than the previous model. larger xmax, higher power handling, better cooling. there is more. i agree the high price is a turn off but the new version is much improved.
Do you have any videos or can you give a quick review on it? SQ? SPL? power handling? type of box you use? type of amp? its dual 2ohm so it would need a 1 ohm stable i assume.

you are literally the first person online, that has said they have this subwoofer, lol thanks in advance.

it is more for spl than sq. i used a huge ported box. almost 4.5cuft tuned to 25Hz for the best performance for what i wanted at the time i used a TA81001 mtx amp that was just under 1900rms @1ohm. sorry no videos since i sold the truck it was in and am waiting until i get a new one. it is a beast sub. if you have heard the older 9500 line then you will know they make some serious bass and this is nothing short of amazing for a 12" sub. i would put it up against almost any other 12 out there today and it will run with them all day. they are conservatively rated at 1200w rms i was told.

price is too high though. i got for a special price from a friend. way under dealer price he said.

Mtx hasn't been made in the US in a long time. They stopped around the same time all the other big box brands did except JL

The DD is a huge step up. One of the best if not the best I've had in 25 years. Absolute monster on 2500 plus. Beautiful and articulate on 500 watts

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.