Suggestions?

Kurama

So, the door speakers in my 03 avalon are starting to sound bad, so i'm looking to replace them.

At the moment i'm looking at Sony Xplod XS-GTX1640 (leaning towards these) and the XS-GTX1641 (couldn't post a link apparently)

I'd also be open to any other suggestions.

Take a look at some Infinity Kappas.They sound Great..In my opinion,JBL,Polk,even Kickers would sound much better than those sony speakers.Hifonics Zues 6.5 blew me away for how inexpensive they are.Sounded great!

Take a look at some Infinity Kappas.They sound Great..In my opinion,JBL,Polk,even Kickers would sound much better than those sony speakers.Hifonics Zues 6.5 blew me away for how inexpensive they are.Sounded great!
I read that those Hifonics speakers you mentioned don't sound very good.

I read that those Hifonics speakers you mentioned don't sound very good.
Well, I put a pair on an old school Alpine 3522 Duo_b 2ch. amplifier with bass blockers, and they SCREAMED/and Sounded pretty CLEAN to me.?????I felt like My nephew got his $49 worth, and some.Whats your budget, and are you going to use an amplifier? If so,How many watts rms per ch?Or are you just going straight HU power by using Stock or Aftermarket??

The Infinity Kappas, are some really great sounding speakers in my opinion.Cant go wrong with them, I believe.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Well, I put a pair on an old school Alpine 3522 Duo_b 2ch. amplifier with bass blockers, and they SCREAMED/and Sounded pretty CLEAN to me.?????I felt like My nephew got his $49 worth, and some.Whats your budget, and are you going to use an amplifier? If so,How many watts rms per ch?Or are you just going straight HU power by using Stock or Aftermarket??
I'm trying to keep it relatively cheap. I'm really just trying to replace the 2 front speakers for under $100, but if i can do it around $50, i'm going to replace the back speakers as well.

The car was bought new with a JBL audio system (so it's upgraded stock??) but I'm not planning on using an amplifier (or buying one)

You may be able to find a good set of Kappas on E-bay.I say Kappas, because myself Ive used with and without an amp, and those speakers sounded great regardless of having an amplifier or not.You should be able to find a set for under your price range with free shipping as well.Im thinking that you have the 6.5 sized speakers in the doors/kick panels, and a tweeter just at the pillar, or front of the door.There should be a component set also for that price, or just under.I was looking at them not long ago..Or the Infinity 6030CS 6 1/2 540 watt max-90 rms per side for $98.15 with free shipping, and a 2yr warranty @ techronics-store on ebay

The Infinity Kappas, are some really great sounding speakers in my opinion.Cant go wrong with them, I believe.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Infinity speakers, both home & car, are a love it or hate it speaker. To me, I think they're terribly bright and sound nasal. To others, they think they sound 'clean' and/or 'crisp'.

Give 'em a listen before you hand over the cash.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Infinity speakers, both home & car, are a love it or hate it speaker. To me, I think they're terribly bright and sound nasal. To others, they think they sound 'clean' and/or 'crisp'.
I have sir.Yet, evryone has an opinion as to what sounds good to them, and as for not being amplified, Ive enjoyed Infinity for my liking

To the Thread..Op is asking for opinion of sony speakers he has chosen, or, for $100, or better at$50?? What do you recommend him for the budget?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I have sir.Yet, evryone has an opinion as to what sounds good to them, and as for not being amplified, Ive enjoyed Infinity for my liking
Nothing wrong with that at all.

My recommendation to the OP is to go out and listen to a few sets. There's nothing worse than ordering something online b/c the 'specs' looked good to only be really let down by how they sound and the PITA it is to return them. There's nothing out there better than a demo.

I would steer clear of the Sonys, IMO. I have some older model Xplod 5.25s in my rear doors, and they just don't sound right. They are fine for rear fill, but I'm glad they're not up front. For HU power check out Kenwood's and Boston's lower powered offerings.

Nothing wrong with that at all.
My recommendation to the OP is to go out and listen to a few sets. There's nothing worse than ordering something online b/c the 'specs' looked good to only be really let down by how they sound and the PITA it is to return them. There's nothing out there better than a demo.
Ill agree with that sir

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.