too many choices + no knowledge = help needed!!

Clifff150
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
Hey guys. I just purchased an 09 f150 and need a speaker upgrade. I will be amping them. First is first, should I get 2 sets for front and rear or just the front? I like audioques line up so I was looking at there comps because I want an audioque sub setup. But I've looked at cdt, pg, and plenty of others. My price range is 300-350 for amp and speakers. Thanks for all the help guys. I really appreciate it and really need it

You should go all AQ just cuz you can. If you call em up and tell them you wanna do ure stuff all AQ they might give u a deal

Save your money and buy both high and low amps at the same time, along with subs and comps.

Also just get some good comps and tweets up front and ull be set. Rear speakers are just for fill especially in a single cab(i drive one to //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif)

i like the cdt 's ,as you know not all company's make the best of everything ,my amps are the same but subs and components are different.ii can get you some nice cdt comps in that price range too

The cdts I was looking at are at woofersetc. They are the 60a version so they are an old model. The audioque comps are the ts-6.5. I can't find much of anything on them though. So would y'all recommend 1 set or 2?

If you have the funds???Id run 2 sets in each door, and not even worry /bother with the rear fill in a single cab, if an x-cab as I have, in the rear fill, I run a set of 6.5 components, at a lower setting.I like the surround affect given, but if you can afford it, Id run 2 sets in ea door.I have a 3 way component set,and an extra tweet and about to add another mid:santa:

If you have the funds???Id run 2 sets in each door, and not even worry /bother with the rear fill in a single cab, if an x-cab as I have, in the rear fill, I run a set of 6.5 components, at a lower setting.I like the surround affect given, but if you can afford it, Id run 2 sets in ea door.I have a 3 way component set,and an extra tweet and about to add another mid:santa:
Why? and doesn't that extra tweeter mess up your fr? If your tweeters can't keep up you need better ones, not more.

OP: I'd go with something I'd heard before. Most of the lower end sets I've seen in stores didn't sound very good. Just use one good set , deaden and seal your doors.

Why? and doesn't that extra tweeter mess up your fr? If your tweeters can't keep up you need better ones, not more.
OP: I'd go with something I'd heard before. Most of the lower end sets I've seen in stores didn't sound very good. Just use one good set , deaden and seal your doors.
UHHH no it does not mess up my fr..I have 100 watt each rms tweets Infinity, and they still barely keep up .A Tweet in the door panel is what I have, and a tweet in the upper pillars.Sounds pretty good.You want to go loud, and have the funds to do it...why not put 2 sets of components in each door??????Run 2ohms Stereo??Just about everyone wants to go loud, and if you have those funds to do so...I wouldnt hesitate my brother.Thats my opinion:D

The cdt 62 pros are out of my price range. Right now I'm looking at getting one set fir the front. Looking at the image dynamics ctx65cs. Looks pretty solid and I've been wanting to try their products for a while. What amp would y'all suggest to power 1 comp set wanting around 100 ems each side?

I think you are trying to do way too much and are overcomplicating things.

Get 1 (one) componet set up front that will fit.

Get 1 (one) two channel amp.

If you like audioque, go with them. They are a reputable brand (well back when I posted).

JBL GTO series makes a decent amp in your price range. Maybe Alpine Type R componets. There....everything done under your budget.

I think you are trying to do way too much and are overcomplicating things.
Get 1 (one) componet set up front that will fit.

Get 1 (one) two channel amp.

If you like audioque, go with them. They are a reputable brand (well back when I posted).

JBL GTO series makes a decent amp in your price range. Maybe Alpine Type R componets. There....everything done under your budget.
Second this.

No need to get 2 sets of components up front - just complicates the install and soundstage. Lots of good components out there for reasonable prices.

Concentrate hard on getting the install done right. Good baffle, sealed/deadened doors, good wiring and I think you will be happy.

If you wanted to plan with an upgrade, you could get a 4 channel amp and bridge to run the front componets and when you save up enough you could buy some coaxials for the rear all powered by a four channel amp. Some "enthusiasts" will say that this draws the soundstage to the rear and makes it sound terrible, etc. I happen to like it better if there is a small volume coming from the rear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.