Suggestions?

check out the lower line Boston Acoustics. I just got my se65s in today for a project and they sound great! in a (temporarily) leaky sealed enclosure in my den, you could feel the bass in your feet from a good distance away. I was able to crank them up pretty darn loud and they still pounded some great midbass and help their composure in the midrange and highs. I'm considering running some in my car some kinda way.

heres a quick video I made of them. pushed by a cheap Planet Audio 2 channel that supposedly gives each speaker 50wrms. gain all the way down and volume is about 25% in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLFqGe_II44&context=C39d36f8ADOEgsToPDskKZpo0ZiaHF9w1i9K93tgRx

but I definitely agree that you should try and listen to some speakers before buying but this gives you something to look into.

Appreciate all the suggestions so far. I can't seem to find any sound shops in the nearby area unfortunately. I already took a look in the section here to find stores and didn't seem to have much luck (i'm in the dallas area).

What's with the low opinion of Sony? These speakers i mentioned got some great reviews on amazon, crutchfield, etc..

Appreciate all the suggestions so far. I can't seem to find any sound shops in the nearby area unfortunately. I already took a look in the section here to find stores and didn't seem to have much luck (i'm in the dallas area).
What's with the low opinion of Sony? These speakers i mentioned got some great reviews on amazon, crutchfield, etc..
What part of Dallas are you in???Im all over Dallas/Ft worth daily, and can recommend a shop close to you?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

The problem is the people writing the reviews. People on sites like this either won't buy that stuff do to past experience or won't because they've heard others with past experience were disappointed in them and there are better options. So in essence, the people who do go on those sites and buy this kind of product, usually don't have anything to compare it to. Either that or they're comparing it blow out stock speakers. See what I'm saying? Reviews can be good and I will sometimes look at them. If reviews are incredibly low, I turn away. If reviews are amazing, I take a second to figure out why.

Apparently you have a computer, and the internet as well.You should utilize your resources to locate a car audio shop near??/Or, I can recommend a couple that I go to every now and then.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/search2.gif.b407e3685eef133dbce7cac8ad3982c7.gif

What part of Dallas are you in???Im all over Dallas/Ft worth daily, and can recommend a shop close to you?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif
I'm in garland. Only store i know about is car toys in rockwall.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.