Suggestions.

you wanted to use a subwoofer amp for your rear fill? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif With that 5 channel you have, just amp all 4 channels and fade to front as necessary, I would think IMPRINT would handle that part for you though but IDK, never looked into it too much.
Or sell your 5 channel, get a good 4 channel for the fronts and rears and a mono amp for the sub

or sell the 5 channel, a get a 2 channel for the fronts and a sub amp

or, since the BA Pro set is 3ohms, a 2 channel up front and a 2 channel rear, reason I suggested this is so you could possibly get more power to the front comps while still being able to amp the rears as well. I was gonna say bridge your mid and high part of your 5 channel but im not sure its stable below 4 ohms bridged.

No, what I was thinking is...My Boston Pros are rated at like 125 or 150wrms(can't remember which) and my five channel amp will produce 75x4 and 300x1. Anyway, I was going to "bridge" the main channels to 2x200 for my front stage, THEN buy a 2x100 amp just to power the "rear fill". I would still be using the 300x1 for my sub...

Probably not going to do that now though, the guy at the dealer said that 75wrms would be enough to power them correctly...Just wanted to make sure they weren't going to be "starving" for power...

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my weekend project.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
getbidvNU4tjdiauhYsgbnCCfbid7wIR632.jpg

Finished up my front doors today and man what a difference...Even with the stock speakers(getting my Pro60's installed next week) still in, I could tell a major difference. Probably going to do my back doors tomorrow...

I do have a question though, I didn't seal the holes in my door or put the "acoustic egg crate" stuff behind my speakers.(I did put three layers of the dampener behind them though) Does sealing and the acoustic foam make as much impact as the dampener does??

No, what I was thinking is...My Boston Pros are rated at like 125 or 150wrms(can't remember which) and my five channel amp will produce 75x4 and 300x1. Anyway, I was going to "bridge" the main channels to 2x200 for my front stage, THEN buy a 2x100 amp just to power the "rear fill". I would still be using the 300x1 for my amp...
Probably not going to do that now though, the guy at the dealer said that 75wrms would be enough to power them correctly...Just wanted to make sure they weren't going to be "starving" for power...
Most amps aren't stable below 4 ohms bridged anyway

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Finished up my front doors today and man what a difference...Even with the stock speakers(getting my Pro60's installed next week) still in, I could tell a major difference. Probably going to do my back doors tomorrow...
I do have a question though, I didn't seal the holes in my door or put the "acoustic egg crate" stuff behind my speakers.(I did put three layers of the dampener behind them though) Does sealing and the acoustic foam make as much impact as the dampener does??
Will make just as much if not more of a difference

Most amps aren't stable below 4 ohms bridged anyway 

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Will make just as much if not more of a difference

Well, I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow then.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Do you know of an actual store(BestBuy,Wal-Mart, etc..) where I might be able to find the acoustic egg crate at?

I can get the material to fill the holes with at HomeCheepo...Right?

Got my (SR65's) installed in my back doors...Correct me if I wrong here, these speaker are quieter than my stock speakers were. I'm assuming that this is because the stock speakers were 2ohm, and my new speakers are rated at 75wrms. (the stock's were rated at 45)

I'm assuming that I will get better sound out of them, once I install my amp and after the "break in" period....Right?

Got my (SR65's) installed in my back doors...Correct me if I wrong here, these speaker are quieter than my stock speakers were. I'm assuming that this is because the stock speakers were 2ohm, and my new speakers are rated at 75wrms. (the stock's were rated at 45)
I'm assuming that I will get better sound out of them, once I install my amp and after the "break in" period....Right?
could be a few things, I think sometiemes, factory speakers have seals so without a sealed door you may not be getting the full efficiency of the new drivers.

also, the ohm load is double that of your old speakers so theyre getting less power.

either way, once you amp them, it will be a day and night difference.

That's what I was thinking(hoping) I did get two layers of deadening on the front door(one layer on the back) and I'm waiting for my 2-1/4" (pyramid shaped) acoustical foam to install behind my speakers as well. But, haven't had a chance to get the holes sealed yet. (did buy the metal flashing though) It's coming together slowly though.

Also, been dumping all of my mp3 files and redoing my entire collection in flac....takes forever though.
I thought about doing that, but the difference in my 320 mp3s and the lossless files i have wasnt big enough to justify all the work IMO. But when I upgraded my gear I did start buying more CDs from the store as opposed to crappy internet downloads. My tweeters are very revealing of a badly recorded track.

yep, my thought exactly...What good is it to spend all of this money on our systems if the recording is trash. I have 400 albums on my laptop alone(have a TB hard drive with all of that and another 200 or so backed up) and 90% of which is now flac. Been slowly working on this for the past few months. The worse thing is all of the space that it's eats up on my laptop...It's double the memory space,(80GB of my 220GB) so if you ever decide to go all flac keep that in mind....

Edit: and trying to choose which albums go onto my 16gig iPhone is kind of freakin' hard sometimes...

yep, my thought exactly...What good is it to spend all of this money on our systems if the recording is trash. I have 400 albums on my laptop alone(have a TB hard drive with all of that and another 200 or so backed up) and 90% of which is now flac. Been slowly working on this for the past few months. The worse thing is all of the space that it's eats up on my laptop...It's double the memory space,(80GB of my 220GB) so if you ever decide to go all flac keep that in mind....

Edit: and trying to choose which albums go onto my 16gig iPhone is kind of freakin' hard sometimes...
haha, why not just 320 mp3s? less space and usually not an audible difference between the two.

haha, why not just 320 mp3s? less space and usually not an audible difference between the two.

Probably will eventually convert them to 320...My thought was to get my entire library converted to flac and then save all of that onto my 1TB hard drive. Then condense all of that to 320 on my laptop...That way I always have the flac as a backup.

Question...Going to install the pyramid acoustical foam in my doors this weekend. Question is, how much is enough or too much?

I mean, should I do the entire outer wall with it...or would a (let's say) 12"x12" square be what I'm looking for? Also, probably going to

make some baffles for my rear speakers(SR65's) Is MDF the best/easiest way to go for this?

could be a few things, I think sometiemes, factory speakers have seals so without a sealed door you may not be getting the full efficiency of the new drivers.also, the ohm load is double that of your old speakers so theyre getting less power.

either way, once you amp them, it will be a day and night difference.

You were right again, got my amp installed finally and it brought them to life...Even made my stock speakers sound great.(can't wait to get my Boston Pro60's installed in a couple weeks)

Also, hooked up my sub box with my JL 6-1/2" subs...And while they're not what I'm looking for long term, they sound A LOT better than I thought they would. Even thought about just buying 2 more of those and have two custom box's built on each side of my cargo area with (2) on each side. Just a thought...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.