suggest any comp speakers?

d audio 450
10+ year member

can anyone suggest component speakers for a 2000 mustang with a 15" xxx in the back? i want real clean, clear speakers- im thinking in the 250 and under range- i was lookin at mb quart's- they sound pretty **** good-

thanks for any suggestions

-pat

It all depends on your taste, if you like MB's go with em //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I went and (recommend you do the same) listened to everything I could at all local stores, I always made the salesmen make the eq flat. I found a good steep and low xover point made a big diff. I like no higher than 4.5k, prefer 3k. See which you like the best between metal and fabric tweets. Of all I heard I liked Alpine red (R?) componets, JL VR and XR, Diamonds, but never had those together to compare, they were just the best in each of those particular stores. After all of that I bought Phoenix tantrums from online car stereo for @$110, seem a great buy, no complaints with the sound, but I tore off the tweeter screens after 1 got dented trying to remove it from a pod. A real pain in the ass.

Food for thought.

good luck!

jim

Listen to everything you can first and find something that fits YOUR taste.

If someone suggests some set on here, raving about them, listen to them and if you dont like them, then dont buy them.

There are TONS of component sets out there just listen to every one of them.

BTW, shops are very deceving, they put their components in decent sized sealed boxes with polyfill in them so dont expect all the midbass the shop has.

Originally posted by SasquatchBump BTW, shops are very deceving, they put their components in decent sized sealed boxes with polyfill in them so dont expect all the midbass the shop has.
That's *strange* - every set of components I listen to in a shop sound like dirt compared to when I hear them in a car. The last shop I was in had JL, Boston Acoustics, and MB Quarts going. I could have sworn the cheaper clarion comps I had back in '99 sounded waaaay better.

Oh well.

Boston's are great speakers, although it might be pretty hard to find them for the price range your looking for...

Somewhere there are CDT's on sale for $150 I believe...I'm sure someone will come up with the link...

i heard the kicker resolution series today and they really suprised me cuz they sounded really good to me and i thought kicker was mainly subs and amps but i uess i thought wrong.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.