The Perfect 2-Way Component Speaker Set

Tungsten
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
It seems to me that the perfect 2-way component speaker set would meet the following criteria:

• Strong midbass presence
  • Warm, natural midrange
  • Smooth tweeter response - not too harsh, not too bright

So what component set rises to the challenge? All of the components I have listened to are lacking in one or the other of those areas. Midrange *****, tweeters too bright, midbass completely non-existent.

I've yet to personally listen to the Alpine SPX-177A components or the Boston Acoustics Rally series RC620 components. Maybe they are what I am searching for.

I know that looks certainly aren't everything... but the picture of that Koda midbass driver on the Adire website looks, well... rough. Are they really that ugly?

Again, looks don't always = quality or performance. I realize that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by Tungsten I know that looks certainly aren't everything... but the picture of that Koda midbass driver on the Adire website looks, well... rough. Are they really that ugly?

Again, looks don't always = quality or performance. I realize that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Looks??? I think there beautiful, so beautiful infact that iam going to buy a set soon. Looks?? Look at the Shiva, just another plain black sub right?? Yea... right, lol

I'd love to listen to a Koda set... that's going to be the real deal breaker for me. As for ugly, I can always hide them behind some grilles. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Originally posted by Tungsten I'd love to listen to a Koda set... that's going to be the real deal breaker for me. As for ugly, I can always hide them behind some grilles. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Yea, don't the Stangs have the front speakers behind the door panel anyway?

Originally posted by andy00018 Looks??? I think there beautiful, so beautiful infact that iam going to buy a set soon. Looks?? Look at the Shiva, just another plain black sub right?? Yea... right, lol
AMEN!!!

The Adire web site says they sound good for factory locations also

Originally posted by Goddyd4me factual propaganda at that....heh
come on now...i highly doubt that they engineered the kodas for factory door panels. what can you do to prepare for that? i dunno....i find it hard to believe that one will sound better in door panels than another. but they are really nice comps regardless...

-nate

they were actually designed to sound best in factory locations.....i believe they are designed to be off axis......or vice versa......havnt read up on them recently.......

Originally posted by nswartley come on now...i highly doubt that they engineered the kodas for factory door panels. what can you do to prepare for that? i dunno....i find it hard to believe that one will sound better in door panels than another. but they are really nice comps regardless...

-nate
http://www.adireaudio.com/mobile_audio/components/components.htm
Read up.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.