Subwoofer underpowered

Tbrad

CarAudio.com Newbie
Mar 1, 2021
Htown
im running the setup below and it just doesn't hit as hard as I would like. I have a feeling this system is under powered and would like a recommendation on how to improve.

10" CompC 4 Ohm SVC
CX300.1 Mono Amplifier

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
Prefab box may be a weak link, position in the vehicle may also be an issue which is why I said "as it sits in your vehicle".

Your amp is only going to be able to provide 150W to that sub (which should handle double that). You can fix this with an amp that makes 300W into 4 ohms or a different sub which provides a 2 ohm load to your amplifier.

All things being equal if and when you double power you can expect roughly the equivalent of 2 clicks on the volume knob more output. If you don't think that'll do it for you consider going back to the drawing board and digging a little deeper into your pocket to buy into some more output.

mastershake575

CarAudio.com Veteran
Mar 11, 2015
Dallas
im running the setup below and it just doesn't hit as hard as I would like. I have a feeling this system is under powered and would like a recommendation on how to improve.
Literally everything about this setup is geared towards weak output (lowend sub, cheap box, only 150 watts, 10 inch instead of 12 or 15). This setup will provide some bass but it's not going to ever be "hard" or "hit"

metalheadjoe

10+ year member
Oct 21, 2007
ND
When I see 300 watt systems:

Seriously though, what are your expectations? Obvious answers are switch to a ported box and you need more power. You get what you pay for. If you cheap out on equipment you can't expect to rattle the earth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days