Subwoofer Stopped Working?

The amp definitely comes on and the protection mode has never came on, am I pulling both of the fuses from the amp or the main one coming from the battery and do this while everything is on?

The amp definitely comes on and the protection mode has never came on, am I pulling both of the fuses from the amp or the main one coming from the battery and do this while everything is on?
The inline fuse is the one between the battery and the amp do not pull the amp fuses. And yes do it while everything is on and playing but not at a loud volume. Just put it on like half way. I had this same problem before one time when my car stalled.

i just skimmed through the tread. Did i read you have a 4 channel? If thats so you could possible be using the wrong outputs... For example you have your rca's hooked onto channel 1 and 2, and your subs on output channels 3 and 4, or vise versa...

sounds good Ill try that in the morning.

and nope I have a 700 mono amp, and I tried on my 500 alpine mono as well, I just tried my old sub on a 4 chan amp at the time.

like the whole system is not complicated or anything which is why I'm just blown away that I've replaced everything, every fuse, every wire, the amp, the sub and it can't be the H/U and I'm no where.

I'm hoping that random unplugging trick baby said to do fixes it, I will post results in the morning, if you can think of anything I haven't done in this thread please show me the light.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/goodorbad.gif.fe1f80382c74d93547176ee10a15b645.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
popcorn%20drama.gif

The problem is very likely the connection from the amp to the woofer.

Use your DMM to confirm AC voltage at the amp's speaker output terminals when you're playing music. Now assuming you have that take the sub out of the box and test for AC voltage at the wires that go to your sub.

Next take some pictures of how you have this sub wired.

I'm so happy, Oh so happy.

I have no clue what the hell the problem was LOL. Just gonna post my final results incase anyone finds this thread useful.

I went to work tried changing the wires from the amp to the sub and unplugging the inline fuse. Nothing.

Once I got home I heard a bass note and I was like wtf was that, go back and its working.. then I turn it up and boom it stops working.

Then I tried a bunch of stuff and still nothing, then I changed the ground to a new spot and it just starts working again... I tried moving the ground before and didn't fix it unless I hooked it up to a bad spot some how, but then I put it back on the same spot I used before and nothing and finally I picked a brand new spot and it worked.

It was either a mystery demon in my system that fixed itself or it was the ground, I'm assuming ground because it came on and then turned off when I turned the volume up? Maybe the old ground couldn't handle the new amp?

Thank you for all the help. Time to go roll around the city for a couple hours and enjoy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

For a dead ground spot happening like that, the area should be isolated from the rest of the grounded chassis or it's non metallic or it's coated with something. Elementary shivr!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.