Subwoofer Recommendation

if you want, the sub I have listed you inquired about I could build it to be perfectly efficient to work with 600 rms.
Would it still be 1000w rms capable? I am going to upgrade my amp once I upgrade the alternator and add my second battery. My current amp makes a solid 750w rms at 1 ohm. And I sit more on the spl side than SQ side.

Would it still be 1000w rms capable? I am going to upgrade my amp once I upgrade the alternator and add my second battery. My current amp makes a solid 750w rms at 1 ohm. And I sit more on the spl side than SQ side.

absolutely will still be capable of taking 1000w rms. It will also work perfectly in 1.25 cubic feet ported.

Do you have any pictures of the cone and surround? And what are the approx specs? Sorry I ask a lot of questions.

cone is pictured below. Xmax would be right at 26mm mathematically calculated. Sometime this summer I’ll be including full TS specs with all subs as I’ll be able to do it myself. It’s not cheap sending subs to klipple paying $200 each plus the freight back and forth, especially when you are building custom for specific applications! From the parts used tho I know what they will and will not work in.

Attachments

• 79BF747D-73E4-408E-919B-D0F06BD77AAE.jpeg
    79BF747D-73E4-408E-919B-D0F06BD77AAE.jpeg
    841.3 KB · Views: 28
cone is pictured below. Xmax would be right at 26mm mathematically calculated. Sometime this summer I’ll be including full TS specs with all subs as I’ll be able to do it myself. It’s not cheap sending subs to klipple paying $200 each plus the freight back and forth, especially when you are building custom for specific applications! From the parts used tho I know what they will and will not work in.
That's a sharp looking setup, not going to lie looks factor in to my decisions. Shoot me a pm.

That sub I posted above is an American bass hawk 10 that the owner had 2 of them and blew the coils to pieces on a taramps 3k. Did a full rebuild using much better parts, increased xmax etc. In the video below the sticker was placed on the dust cap to show it move better. The noise you hear at first is from the pole vent being blocked but when it’s tilted the sub is nearly silent free air on 1200 rms.

Attachments

• IMG_0888.MOV
    24.4 MB
  • DB3226C9-D67D-437C-8C1A-68600D4ABF2A.jpeg
    DB3226C9-D67D-437C-8C1A-68600D4ABF2A.jpeg
    660.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 0F55D315-CF6A-4BAA-AA7C-C60D326156A0.jpeg
    0F55D315-CF6A-4BAA-AA7C-C60D326156A0.jpeg
    675.7 KB · Views: 26
I can vouch for his subs. They are very nice. I’m running one of his 15s ported and it’s one of the better subs ive used. Sounds excellent on music and a 25 HZ test tone flexes my vehicle quite well. I would buy another sub from him without hesitation.

I can also vouch for his subs. Grabbed a 15 he built from a Dayton sub. My friend is beating on it daily at about 750w and it's playing like a champ.

Matt

I have this sub (HX2 DVC), but it needs a recone. I had a few people tell me it wasn't worth the time that the newer stuff is way better.
Assuming you could buy the parts and DIY I'd restore that Rockford, but the 130$ for round trip shipping is rough.

If you ever feel bold and want to try to rebuild that yourself you may be able to buy new old stock OEM parts from Springfield Speaker Repair. They used to have a lot of that old RF stuff and other parts to fit those.

Also not cheap but you'd get OEM or OEM equivalent at least. I'm not always a fan of """upgrade""" on something like this. As if some mope in his garage is going to do better on that motor than a team of engineers and probably years of R&D and testing prototypes. Sure you can make it so that you can throw more power at it but will it still sound as good? Did you just give up so much efficiency that you're throwing more power at it and not even gaining output?

Assuming you could buy the parts and DIY I'd restore that Rockford, but the 130$ for round trip shipping is rough.

If you ever feel bold and want to try to rebuild that yourself you may be able to buy new old stock OEM parts from Springfield Speaker Repair. They used to have a lot of that old RF stuff and other parts to fit those.

Also not cheap but you'd get OEM or OEM equivalent at least. I'm not always a fan of """upgrade""" on something like this. As if some mope in his garage is going to do better on that motor than a team of engineers and probably years of R&D and testing prototypes. Sure you can make it so that you can throw more power at it but will it still sound as good? Did you just give up so much efficiency that you're throwing more power at it and not even gaining output?
I have considered this. I am very mechanically inclined but never have rebuilt a subwoofer. I have watched several videos and it doesn't look to hard imo, no disrespect intended. Seems to me if you use the correct shims and make sure alignment is true you should be good to go. I may give it a shot.

I have a found a replacement coil, but nothing else. Springfield doesn't have the kit in stock either. I am confident I can save the dust cap and cone. Would just need the VC, leads, spider and glue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...