Subwoofer Recommendation

I have a found a replacement coil, but nothing else. Springfield doesn't have the kit in stock either. I am confident I can save the dust cap and cone. Would just need the VC, leads, spider and glue.
Spider shouldn't much matter and you'd do well to buy one with leads built in. May not have a lot of options in 4X8", if you can't find one with leads already on, Lord of Bass and Springfield both should sell lead wire.

Dustcap should be easy to save, cone not likely, unless the factory glue is failing you'll have a hard time pulling up the surround up from the frame intact and that would be a likely point of failure going forward. Not sure which surrounds that model used but some of the old RF cones used to use some rubber surround that was a nightmare to get to stick. You needed some special glue for them.

Most of the places that would sell you parts should sell an ounce or two of CA glue. I've never had any luck getting dustcap to stick with that so I use Amazing Goop glue there. There's some guys around here that have a big SPL van and they use Shoe Goop for everything on their subs with fine results. If your coil, spider, and surround are on center you're fine, if some of your glue starts to fail you can always add more later, but definitely don't skimp. If you're building up the triple joint with CA glue use many thin beads and let each set as opposed to just hosing in a big puddle of it.

Really if you're going to shell out 60$ or whatever on just the coil there's no sense cheaping out on the rest of it.

Spider shouldn't much matter and you'd do well to buy one with leads built in. May not have a lot of options in 4X8", if you can't find one with leads already on, Lord of Bass and Springfield both should sell lead wire.

Dustcap should be easy to save, cone not likely, unless the factory glue is failing you'll have a hard time pulling up the surround up from the frame intact and that would be a likely point of failure going forward. Not sure which surrounds that model used but some of the old RF cones used to use some rubber surround that was a nightmare to get to stick. You needed some special glue for them.

Most of the places that would sell you parts should sell an ounce or two of CA glue. I've never had any luck getting dustcap to stick with that so I use Amazing Goop glue there. There's some guys around here that have a big SPL van and they use Shoe Goop for everything on their subs with fine results. If your coil, spider, and surround are on center you're fine, if some of your glue starts to fail you can always add more later, but definitely don't skimp. If you're building up the triple joint with CA glue use many thin beads and let each set as opposed to just hosing in a big puddle of it.

Really if you're going to shell out 60$ or whatever on just the coil there's no sense cheaping out on the rest of it.
Solid advice, and I will not go cheap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...