Subwoofer Reccomendation (sorry in advance lol)

The Pioneers have a high Q and VAS, which means they need a big sealed enclosure. They aren't bad subs, but unless you're getting them cheap, I'd look elsewhere.
The Pioneers have a high Q and VAS, which means they need a big sealed enclosure. They aren't bad subs, but unless you're getting them cheap, I'd look elsewhere.
Just making sure I understand this correctly, again trying to learn as much as possible here. So because the speaker has a QTS, it means that is is less "springy" and better suited for a sealed enclosure? Also is the VAS the optimal enclosure volume? And you mentioned if I found the Pioneer cheap. They're usually $150-$160 everywhere but Sonic Electronix has them on sale for $90, worth it, or would y'all still reccomend something else?

Just making sure I understand this correctly, again trying to learn as much as possible here. So because the speaker has a QTS, it means that is is less "springy" and better suited for a sealed enclosure? Also is the VAS the optimal enclosure volume? And you mentioned if I found the Pioneer cheap. They're usually $150-$160 everywhere but Sonic Electronix has them on sale for $90, worth it, or would y'all still reccomend something else?

I haven't heard those Pioneers, so I have withhold my opinion. What I don't like about them is the lack of xmax.

QTS typically ranges from ~.25 to .7. Generally speaking low QTS means the sub's low end needs to be augmented by a port. VAS is the sub's compliance and indicates how big of an enclosure it will require. QTS and VAS work together to calculate the enclosure size the sub will need; the higher the QTS and the higher the VAS, the bigger the enclosure. That said most manufactures give you a range of enclosure sizes for their sub and most of them usually pretty good, but you generally want to stick to the high side of their recommendations. OTOH, there are whacky subs/companies that sometimes put out a enclosure way too small for the sub - ie Earthquakes shallow subs.

I haven't heard the Pioneers. Pioneer never really puts out crap, but it's kinda hit and miss on their subs if they're good are just average. I've run older Type S subs and really liked them. I've never heard an Incriminator or SSA sub that wasn't impressive. ID subs seem to always sound really clean even if they lack the impact of other brands.

The SoundQubed subs I've heard always struck me as loud, but not the cleanest sounding.

How is the sound quality on these? I'm not some audiophile, but I'm a musician (not some SoundCloud dude, like the entirety of my income is from music) so I have a little better ear than most. Not doubting your reccomendation, just don't have any expirience with these subs.

Run with these and thank me later.

Screenshot_20220713-155724_Chrome.jpg

SSA's store has some Incriminator I series subs for really cheap. It's the previous version and only one VC configuration is available, but the price is great. Cerwin Vegas Vega series (red surround) are pretty good for the money.

Only problem with the old model I series is they recommend a much bigger box than the current I series. I actually have a pair bnib deciding what I want to do with them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...