Subwoofer location on box

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jon403

I'm building a custom enclosure in my trunk of my prelude and I wanted to know if it makes the sound worse if you put a subwoofers on more than one side of a box. I was thinking of putting two on the top and one on the front because I have to make an angled box and would have to sacrafice volume in order to mount all 3 subwoofers on the same wall. Please give advice/past experience.

I have made boxes with two 12's on front and back and also made a box with 3 12's on one side and 1 12 on the back. I noticed no audible difference, but you may hear the whole "....do subs sound better facing the front or the back of the car..." arguement.

Sub-bass is esseintially non directional so it should not matter. However some of the best designed speakers I have seen have had multiple subs in different angles and sides. You should be more than fine running it like you are wanting to.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.