Subwoofer LEDs Help

chetomatic
10+ year member

Hey, I know I risk looking like a complete idiot by admitting this, but I'm putting 2 12" Streetglow LED strips alongside my sub box. The only installation instructions say to connect the ground and the power to their respective sources. What I want to do is make them flash to the beat, much in the way my old Duals did. Can I hook them up to the speaker terminals on the sub box where the wires from the amp are hooked in? Or will this break the LEDs/underpower the subs? And if this isnt possible, does anyone know how to wire them to my amp? Thanks.

haha yeah im a little confused by that. what i mean is, should i put the speaker wire, which is coming from the amp, into the terminals on the box, AND put the LED's ground/power into the terminals too?

Put your positive led wire into the positive speaker input along with the positive speaker wire.

Put your negative led wire into the negative speaker input along with the negative speaker wire.

Easy as that.

no, i dont see that as working. if its supposed to be powered by the car then plugging into the terminals on the box shouldnt work.

(car is dc power where as the amp puts out ac power.)

no, i dont see that as working. if its supposed to be powered by the car then plugging into the terminals on the box shouldnt work.
Well, I believe the AC would make it a) flash to the beat and b) my duals worked with this wiring configuration, but im using independent lights this time that arent built into the box, thats why i ask

Well, I believe the AC would make it a) flash to the beat and b) my duals worked with this wiring configuration, but im using independent lights this time that arent built into the box, thats why i ask
It will work, trust me, when you start cranking the volume up, they flash harder.

This.

LED's generally run off DC, AC is quite different. My guess is they'll all glow REALLY bright for a very short period of time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.