High Pass vs Full Range on Amplifier Crossover

Participant count
  • Participant list

jrnisaac

I have a question, i have two amps, one running the bass and the other running my highs.

for highs i have two almani 5.25" three ways in the back and two audio technique 4" speakers in the front (also three way) and a set of tweeters in the front as well. Should i be using the High Pass filter for all of these speakers or shoul i be using the Full Range setting on the crossover instead?

ed

high pass for the speakers. the subs (you didn't list) take care of bass. too bad you lack midbass speakers, the high pass filter will be higher than desirable.

really, the HPF setting depends on the frequency response of the speakers, their enclosure and it's effect on unloading the drivers, and your personal preferences for volume level and EQ settings.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.