subwoofer distortion help meee

i tried that. even with the gain all the way up the ipod doesnt come through. i actually just measured the voltage at my amp and its actually like closed to 16.3 or something idk how its so high is that possibly cause of an overcharged capacitor? is that even possible?
just take the cap out of the equation, the amp may be shutting off or acting funny due to too high voltage

either the meter is junk or your alternators rectifier bridge is toast and you need a new 1. double check at the battery to make sure then do like i told you 2 hours ago and take it to a PARTS STORE AND HAVE IT TESTED !

just checked my battery and got almost 17 volts. i actually recently changed vehicles tho and had this same distortion problem in my previous car..

yea the meter isnt too great so that may be part of the reason im getting such a high reading

someone from PA please go help this kid out....as this thread gets more cluttered with ways to help him and he comes back with another excuse as to why thats not it....

yea im positive its just because its a shitty dmm its one i got from school

funny thing is you have the gains low....bet you the h/u eq is set to blast bass....and also eq's on both are set above sub frequencies....
here you could of said "make sure you dont have bass boost and EQ's maxed, that could cause distortion"

sub freq. at 100hz.....lmao...thats mid bass...maybe take a tutorial on setting crossovers before you ask questions
Here you could of just suggested a frequency for him instead of laughing at him.

just take it to a shop as it sounds like you dont know what you are doing....or find someone in PA that is also on here...and knows more than you...
he did take it to a shop and they did nothing. most shops if you dont buy product from them they arent going to make their best effort wasting time helping you.

maybe you didnt intend to sound like a smart ass but to me it definitely sounded as if you were putting him down instead of being like jdawg and actually suggesting fixes. ive put examples under everything for you....

eh, could be a simple misunderstanding. just sounded like a smart ass to me.

well seeing as i am a smart ass you got that correct....but if someone's poor lil feeler's are hurt cuz i suggested things in a smart ass way...he should grow a set of balls and realize its the FUCKING internet

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.