subwoofer distortion help meee

phemps
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
PA
i have 2 mtx jh55 12' subs in the ported box that comes from the factory. i have the kicker zx750.1 and my head unit is a pioneer deh-p5000ub and ive always had problems with my subs having this distorted crunchy sound especially with certain notes. like late night tip sounds horrible. i have tried everything to get rid of the distortion and even with the gains down low the subs dont sound like they should. at first i thought maybe my subs were distorted cause i had the kicker compvr 12's so i bought these mtx subs. is there anyway my amp could be messed ? cause i have tried everything else i swear and nothing helps at all. someone please help me!

ahh its ported i difnt make it i just got the dual preloaded box im not sure in the cubic dimensions or anything..

#3 Today, 04:47 PM

phemps

Re: subwoofer distortion help meee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ahh its ported i difnt make it i just got the dual preloaded box im not sure in the cubic dimensions or anything..

well a prefab box is probably one problem, but it could be alot of things, gain too high, bass boost maxed, bass turned way up on deck, your electrical system not up to par, etc

woofers wired out of phase?

nope these are all things people have suggested and i have changed. my bass boost is almost completely down and no bass boost at all on my head unit. and to check for correct phase i would just swap positive and negative right? that doesnt change anything either

nope these are all things people have suggested and i have changed. my bass boost is almost completely down and no bass boost at all on my head unit. and to check for correct phase i would just swap positive and negative right? that doesnt change anything either
actually if you change the pos and neg and it doesnt sound different then something is really wrong

i have bass boost at zero and my sub frequency at 100 but putting it lower changes nothing at all

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.