subs making horrible noise

Participant count
  • Participant list

treoboom

when i turn my car on my subs make a thump noise. then i cant turn them up too loud or one starts making a pop noise and its not bottoming out. subs are new and brokin in. i think it may be a ground problem but it seems like its grounded right. first ground i had was all amps grounded to one of my extra batts in the back of the car and a 2 guage running from the batt to the body of the car. i diddnt get a thump but it made a high pitch noise thru the subs constantly. then i grounded amps to the body of the car but now it thumps and i cant turn my subs up without them making a sound like somethings loose or its hitting something.

Could be a bad sub. It happens. As far as the pop at start up goes, where did you put the remote turn on wire? Some amps have a soft turn on feature that brings the volume in gradually after starting up, but it sounds like yours does not. If it did, you wouldn't heare it.

there spossed to have that soft turn on. signal wire comes from an alpine EQ to the alpine amp then from one cadence to the other. and runs along with power wire *wasnt sure if it was spossed to run with that or rca's *im going to work on the ground some more tonight and see if that helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.