Sub works intermittently

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sbot69

Have a mtx thunder form behind seat, 4 channel Massive amp running sub (2 bridged), other 2 running front door speakers. Door speakers work fine. Sub won't work till truck is on for 10 15 minutes. Works but in and out. Any thoughts? Thanks for helping.

Have a mtx thunder form behind seat, 4 channel Massive amp running sub (2 bridged), other 2 running front door speakers. Door speakers work fine. Sub won't work till truck is on for 10 15 minutes. Works but in and out. Any thoughts? Thanks for helping.
sounds like u have 2 channels bridged at to low of an ohm load.. u have 2 subs right?, what are the vc d4, d2 or single 4ohm?

I pulled seat up and when first started(cold 1° in MI) the sub has a little movement and sound but not much. Where should I start trouble shooting? The sub or the amp? And how? Thanks again for any help.

I pulled seat up and when first started(cold 1° in MI) the sub has a little movement and sound but not much. Where should I start trouble shooting? The sub or the amp? And how? Thanks again for any help.
well always make sure your amp ground is tight (won't turn).. but if u haven't changed anything in 2 yrs it could be sub or amp is going.. u haven't moved anything or added anything lately? i put seat back in car once and speaker wire got caught under seat belt mount caused dome lite to stay on took me 2 days to figure that out.. if it's stupid cold i guess that can have an effect but u would think it would do it when cold not once warmed up idk about that, it's 45 here and i'm freezing lol..

No have not moved anything around. Is cold as hell -3 at night. 0 during day. Will keep looking around and report back. I remember last week it sounded like the sub was going up and down. Would get real loud then normal out. Then hit hard and loud then normal. Did not think much of it then.

I did have an issue with rca cord and had to solder a section while back. Plus the door speakers are working fine from same amp. Just wondering best way to trouble shoot to find source of issue. Thanks again for everyone's input.

I did have an issue with rca cord and had to solder a section while back. Plus the door speakers are working fine from same amp. Just wondering best way to trouble shoot to find source of issue. Thanks again for everyone's input.
just swap rca with new 1 1st.. next thing to do is test sub on another amp, stick it in friends car if it works there u know it's not the sub anyway..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.