Sub very quiet

Participant count
  • Participant list

gbrwood

Okay I've had this sub for awhile and it's never been very loud it's a kicker cvr 12 powered by a pioneer 760w amp 6 gauge wiring all the way through it's in a small box that goes behind a pickup truck seat I think this May be some if the problem but i don't think it should be this quiet if I turn the volume above 16 the amp shuts off I don't know if it's because it's not getting enough power or what should it be doing this? And would a bigger box make a big difference?

Is it the old single voice coil model or is it a dual voice coil? Your pioneer amp can only handle a 4 ohm load, if you wired it parallel, your amp will go into protect because its not stable at a lower ohm load. How did you set your gains?

^^ that is true.

You'd want to turn down the gain and drive up the head unit volume and subwoofer level. Keep bass EQ on flat, loudness off. at 8 ohms, your not likely seeing much power from it, couple that with a small enclosure, your suffocating and starving the subwoofer at the same time.

I ran 2 sws12d4's off that same amp (bridged) for 2 years and never had an issue. Kept the gain below 1/2 and it never cut out. I did, however, have to add a fan because that amp would get very warm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.