sub recommendation for ported 1.25 cu ft @ 35 hz

kerpit
10+ year member

I built a box that is 1.25 cu ft tuned to 32 hz for my boat. I specifically built it for a dc level 3 12 sub. I did not know that with shipping it was going to take over 3 weeks for dc to build the sub. I have a trip planned may 14th and want a sub for this box! I'm searching for a used dc level 3 12 currently and haven't found anything yet. Is there another sub that would work in this box? I really want to stick with a 12 and $350 max. I will be powering it at 1k watts rms @ 1 ohm. I have found a level 2 12 and a level 4 12. But I think the level 4 needs 1.5 cu feet...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thank you for your time

Brian

I'd like to stay with a 12 if possible because I cut the **** hole already!!! Lol. Would a sundown sa12 just sound horrible in that small of a box if ran on 1k watts?

A ten(10) would perform so much better in that enclosure than a 12 in my opinion.You are limiting yourself on finding a 12 that will perform at its best with that small of an enclosure.Id recommend on making a baffle and cutting the hole out for a 10(Its just a sheet of wood placed over the existing cut out?Carpet it or?).You will have many more options and better output/performance.Open up your options instead of limiting them..Hell, a pair of 8s will get down in that enclosure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.