sub recommendation for ported 1.25 cu ft @ 35 hz

SA 12 will work fine in that space
That will work with some Poly fill added.I have an SA12 put it in a 1.34 @36 and sounded like azz on 600 rms then added polly and did much better.But a ten will still perform so much better in my opinion,or a pair of 8s

That will work with some Poly fill added.I have an SA12 put it in a 1.34 @36 and sounded like azz on 600 rms then added polly and did much better.But a ten will still perform so much better in my opinion,or a pair of 8s
Polly fill in a ported box? Da fawk? Sundowns like small boxes. They will work is 1.25cubes

Polly fill in a ported box? Da fawk? Sundowns like small boxes. They will work is 1.25cubes
Yes sir polly in a poerted..lol..and it worked..thats from experiencing hands on..Later placed in 2.0 @32 and she loves it.Not arguing on anything,just from what I have experienced with an sa12 thus far

I was originally going to put the Dayton in my boat but ended up choosing a dc level 3 due to the low sensitivity. I was afraid it wasn't going to be loud enough. I run 3 sets of ck6 components @ 200 rms that get pretty loud. My current port is 7.5 tall 2 wide and 22.5 long. Parts express told me to build a 1.36 box @ 27 hz. I don't think I can get the tuning close without dismantling my box or making the port width smaller. I'm ok with just getting a temporary sub for my trip and waiting for the dc to get built for the long term. I figured an sa12 would hold a decent resale if I go the temp route. If there is a sub that will perform as good or better that is readily available to ship then I will definitely go that route. Thank you so much for the suggestions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.