Participant count
  • Participant list

Jimg

CarAudio.com Regular
New project that I need some help with
2010 camaro SS
I have about 1.8 to about 2.2 cubic feet to work with on the size of the box

amp being used is a 1500 watt US acoustic Mike amplifier
will be going with two 10 inch subs firing into the car.

in the previous car for my son we used two Dayton HO 10,s in a ported enclosure, it was loud but not what I think it should have been for two 10,s on 1500 watts

What sub brand and set up with the space I have to work with would get a little more output performance than the Dayton subs

there should be several options

SSA demon. 550 watt rms. Ported .90-1.2 cf recommended

DC Audio level 2. 600 watt RMS. Ported 1.0 cf recommend

Alpine Type R .83 - 1.38 cf ported recommended

I am sure there are others that fit the list also

has anyone on here ran two tens with around 2.2 cf and had good results? if so what setup where you using

I wish 15‘s would fit
had two orion XTR 15’s on a linear power back in the 90’s.

Would rather stick with two subs
with the amount of space willing to give up as mentioned, and power. A single 12 will fit all day long in a camero. Ive done a few,. You can go sub up port rear or sub rear port rear. One XFL 12 or the like will give plenty of bass inside. A pair will ripple that car apart with a good 2k, a single on 1k on up will give plenty of bass to fill the cabin

Other than that .. those daytons prob do much better sealed. A pair of tens you really need abot 3-4 cubes tuned from 34-36 htz to serve any justice out of trunk space ported with some good power from what Ive experienced You can go as low as 30 but have be careful and choose the right subs to handle the lows

I ran 2 10’s aero ported in my 06 mustang years ago. Each box was 1.2 and the subs were diamonds (can’t remember exact model). Best thing to do is remove the deck lid speakers which allows the bass to get inside. Can’t really go wrong with the Demons, Sundown E’s, DC’s, Incriminator I series. I ran 2 Sundown E 10s in just over 2 cubes ported and it wanged. I also do like single sub setups and enjoyed my single 12 Fi BL in my mustang a lot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...