sub recommendation dc 3.5k

I dont have to use a ******* woofer to know how it will respond to a given alignment.The parameters describe the aspects of the woofer.

You need to learn how speakers work instead of telling someone who know how to build different drivers for different alignments.

High qms means a underdamped mechanical suspension.

This means you rely of tge acoustical dampening for mechanical control over the moving parts.

Thats why high qms drivers require small boxes.

Thats why the dc woofers have nechanical issues.

I wouldnt use a driver ported that has a high qms because above tuning tge driver acts as is it where freeair and the output as well as mechanical power handling goes down very greatly.

It like having a low pass crossover..
I don't NEED to do anything...however huge difference between actual owning a sub or two and doing some testing/experimenting with it rather than mouthing off saying you have parameter exp...huge difference. You don't wanna admit that nor care to. Instead, insist on people telling them what works better/best.

I don't NEED to do anything...however huge difference between actual owning a sub or two and doing some testing/experimenting with it rather than mouthing off saying you have parameter exp...huge difference. You don't wanna admit that nor care to. Instead, insist on people telling them what works better/best.
You are clueless man. I cant help you.

The parameters are not published. The "recommended ported volume" is listed as 5.5. So did I just spend $1000 on a piece of garbage or are some of the commenters just talking out of their as s??

Its like measuring a motor. The specs dont lie. Lol

The parameters are not published. The "recommended ported volume" is listed as 5.5. So did I just spend $1000 on a piece of garbage or are some of the commenters just talking out of their as s??
No they are custom built for your application.

Its far from Junk but if you want a high output woofer a small ported box is a bad idea.

You get more output from having a larger box. Especially at lower frequencies.

A small box woofer can sound great from lower group delay but if you want output small ported boxes are a huge waste.

In other words you box size/tune have much greater effect of output than say a larger driver.

I can get a 15 in 4.5 cubes louder than an 18 in 5.5 cubes because acoustic transfer function is greater.

Where did you buy it from?

The stock spiders are very soft. If you opt for the stiff spiders you need a much larger box.

Ive tried so many times to use larger drivers in smaller boxes and it always bites me in the ***.

How much port area you have and what tune are you using?

What size box u used the 18 in? 7?
I wish... I only had it in 5.5 on a poopy doopy soundstream 3k.

I did run it at .5 but still. I was new to audio and just wanted to put an 18 in my navi before it broke.

Now I have a decent amp but no room to fit an 18 :/

thats why I turned it from an 18 to a 12 and now its in my little jetta.

Honestly I have nothing but good things to say about that box design, the only negative part was on my side due to building it on the heavy side using mdf but a rebuild awaits, and considering there are no ts parameters from dc I was impressed with the end result //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Honestly I have nothing but good things to say about that box design, the only negative part was on my side due to building it on the heavy side using mdf but a rebuild awaits, and considering there are no ts parameters from dc I was impressed with the end result //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
the 6 net at 34 with 87 or the two 6" flared?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.