Sub recomendation for Heavy Metal

the enclosure is far more important than anything else. i listen to alot of genre's, but metal is 60% of my library. you can really hear enclosure problems with metal. more so than with hip hop. a system can sound great on rap, and really sloppy playing metal, which is all an enclosure based problem, not a sub problem. i personally drop 1/4 off the optimal ported enclosure size for my personal systems, depending on the sub. it's a myth that 15's are a bad sub for faster metal bass, or that 8's can't play low. it's all in the box.

the enclosure is far more important than anything else. i listen to alot of genre's, but metal is 60% of my library. you can really hear enclosure problems with metal. more so than with hip hop. a system can sound great on rap, and really sloppy playing metal, which is all an enclosure based problem, not a sub problem. i personally drop 1/4 off the optimal ported enclosure size for my personal systems, depending on the sub. it's a myth that 15's are a bad sub for faster metal bass, or that 8's can't play low. it's all in the box.
I think sealed would be best, ^ is right. Sealed boxes to me are a lot more musical and if big enough can get plenty low.

i have a pioneer tsw1500 if you are interested.

very nice response, i listen to the faceless and all shall perish and it sounded amazing.

nice and crisp.

600wrms dual 4 lmk if you are interested.

A proper setup will play anything you throw at it without any complaint. Equal importance should be placed upon both the driver selection and the implementation of it. Transients and dynamics are going to be paramount for this application so driver selection will play an important part indeed. Observing the vehicle's transfer function and finding the proper Qtc to compliment it will be the next step. Good call with the point about the 8" and 15" myths though. I love it when people reinforce that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.