Sub Problem?

Participant count
  • Participant list

MrPeezy

CarAudio.com Newbie
I Have 2 Zv5 18’s & I Was Just Testing Them On A 3k Tramaps 1 Ohm . One At A Time Not Both To 3k . All I Get Is A Pop/Spark Under The Cone When I Turn It Up & Protection Mode. When I Run My 2 12’s Sa Sundowns They Run Fine On The 3k . Is it a coil problem. Or is it because I wired a 2 ohm amp to a 1 ohm sub I know I’m not supposed to do that but it shouldn’t pop should it ?

I Have 2 Zv5 18’s & I Was Just Testing Them On A 3k Tramaps 1 Ohm . One At A Time Not Both To 3k . All I Get Is A Pop/Spark Under The Cone When I Turn It Up & Protection Mode. When I Run My 2 12’s Sa Sundowns They Run Fine On The 3k . Is it a coil problem. Or is it because I wired a 2 ohm amp to a 1 ohm sub I know I’m not supposed to do that but it shouldn’t pop should it ?
You said Your 3k is a one ohm in second sentence. They you said Its a 2 ohm amp...which is it. If your sub load is One ohm it’s going to try to pull one ohm load from that two ohm amp. You trying to ruin your amp?

You said Your 3k is a one ohm in second sentence. They you said Its a 2 ohm amp...which is it. If your sub load is One ohm it’s going to try to pull one ohm load from that two ohm amp. You trying to ruin your amp?
No I Was Just Trying To Test But Is That Not Going To Work .Single 1 Ohm Wired Sub & 2 Ohm 3k

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.