Sub options for small setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

rickdog67

I just purchased a Sonata Turbo and was wanting to put some extra low end in the trunk. I found a setup that I like to keep my trunk space and gives me a modest 1.66 cu ft to work with. I figured I'm pretty limited with that.Subwoofer Box Dimensions - Page 2 - Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum. I've done a fair amount of research so far. I have about 500 watts to work with from an EL1500 but could upgrade some. I'm not running larger than 4 gauge wire nor considering another battery in the trunk. This is strictly simple. I've looked at a single E12, Q Power deluxe, Pioneer Champion Pro, Sound Qubed, Type R, etc. I figured a ported 12" would have a lower response then say 2 10s, but I was looking for opinions. Total for sub shouldn't be more than 150ish. I have other interests too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I looked for a single 15, but didn't see anything that would like 1.5cuft net space. Also, it looks like I would have to get really creative with the enclosure, as it only has 14 in height. The trunk space is only about 14.5in tall towards the front.

So I've noticed. The type R and the Pioneer seem to fit, as well as the E12 from Sundown. ALso, I suppose it would be comparing 2 sealed 10" to one 12" ported. Unless there's a decent 10" that can go ported at 0.75cu.

a Kicker CompR 10 would do really well in that volume as well as an Alpine Type S (i got a brand new one just chillin' in the garage, pm me if interested). DC subs like smaller enclosures, the Level 2 is right that alley too.

Good options, the DC is a little pricey, I'm sure it's worth it though. The Dayton Audio RSS315HO-44 12" Reference HO DVC Subwoofer also appears to fit the bill.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.