Sub matching for Rockford P500X1BD

Dopeinthetrunk

NorCal
I'm looking to get a smaller system for this immaculate 2003 Avalon, and I really like the size and birth sheet power of this amp. It has cool features and the amazon reviews are saying it has ~500-550 rms at 2ohms. I want to hook up one 15 4ohm DVC wired to 2 ohms. I really don't want a weak system (low spl) does anyone know a good 4ohm DVC 15 that will be able to push that amp by itself. I'm looking for something under $200. Any suggestions would be awesome. I'm not 100% sold on the Amp either. Thanks

[quote name='Dopeinthetrunk']I'm looking to get a smaller system for this immaculate 2003 Avalon, and I really like the size and birth sheet power of this amp. It has cool features and the amazon reviews are saying it has ~500-550 rms at 2ohms. I want to hook up one 15 4ohm DVC wired to 2 ohms. I really don't want a weak system (low spl) does anyone know a good 4ohm DVC 15 that will be able to push that amp. I'm looking for somthing under $200. Any suggestions would be awesome. I'm not 100% sold on the Amp either. Thanks[/QUOTE]

You dont want a weak system but want to run 500w? 500w is almost non existant. Get a 1200w at 1 ohm amp get a D2 sundown SA 12 and a custom ported box from @CSCStang and youll have some decent bump

I just had a kicker 750w on 2 comp 15s, and it was tremendous. I was just looking for something smaller (one 15 instead). I have a JBL system with a free air woofer that is already pretty nice. I just need a nicely powered 15 to finish it off.

I just had a kicker 750w on 2 comp 15s, and it was tremendous. I was just looking for something smaller (one 15 instead). I have a JBL system with a free air woofer that is already pretty nice. I just need a nicely powered 15 to finish it off.
If your planning on running 2 subs no.

I'm looking to get a smaller system for this immaculate 2003 Avalon, and I really like the size and birth sheet power of this amp. It has cool features and the amazon reviews are saying it has ~500-550 rms at 2ohms. I want to hook up one 15 4ohm DVC wired to 2 ohms. I really don't want a weak system (low spl) does anyone know a good 4ohm DVC 15 that will be able to push that amp by itself. I'm looking for something under $200. Any suggestions would be awesome. I'm not 100% sold on the Amp either. Thanks
I'll hook you up with a custom ported. Pm me if interested.

Listen to these guys, they're pointing you in the right direction. 500w is nothing, especially if you want spl. A good enclosure by stang will be the icing on the cake once you get everything purchased

Listen to these guys, they're pointing you in the right direction. 500w is nothing, especially if you want spl. A good enclosure by stang will be the icing on the cake once you get everything purchased
I will definitely hit him up. I'm just confused because 1200w rms seems like too much to power 1 mid grade woofer.

Heres your amazon shopping cart. Or wait till black friday and itll be like $60 cheaper
Looked into the Sa-12s. Thanks for the advice. Will that sub really handle that 1200w? And will it need a capacitor? Too bad they dont have a 15 in that model. I've always stuck with the 15s that would be my 1st 12 but it looks like a monster

Looked into the Sa-12s. Thanks for the advice. Will that sub really handle that 1200w? And will it need a capacitor? Too bad they dont have a 15 in that model. I've always stuck with the 15s that would be my 1st 12 but it looks like a monster
They do have a 15, as well as 8s, 10s, and i think 18s

That sub will take 1200 easy, after voltage drop and box rise it will only do 850-900 anyways. Sub will handle that no problem

I have a new in box soundqubed 1200.1 ill sell if ure interested, save a few bucks vs amazon.

[quote name='C1500martin']You dont want a weak system but want to run 500w? 500w is almost non existant. Get a 1200w at 1 ohm amp get a D2 sundown SA 12 and a custom ported box from @CSCStang and youll have some decent bump[/QUOTE]
@CSCStang vouch for my bro, wonderful work. Trust this guy to get it done right. Haha.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.