Sub is fried, amp is overheating, don't know what caused this.

So I just put in my new Alpine Type R's into my Ford Contour 98' about a week or two ago and I have already run into a problem.

Just a couple of days ago I could smell my amp (Rockford Fosgate t1500) overheating and smoking a little, I didn't know it was overheating at first so I kept using the subs without any problems until just today the subs would cut out after I turned up the volume over 15 on my JVC deck. I discovered later after going to a buddies house that the left Type R had completely blown.

I don't know what is causing the amp to overheat and start smoking up, and I don't know what caused just the left subwoofer to be fried. Also how can I tell if the amp is destroyed? I recently took the amp out of my car, because I am assuming that the amp is the cause of these problems.

If anyone has any idea what the problem is, advice would be greatly appreciated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Also if you need my to answer any other questions about my system I can.

I am not really worried about the subs too much, I am more worried that I ruined the 800$ amp. How can I tell if is still in full working condition or not?

I may have gotten snow on the amp on accident, could that be the reason?

I am pretty ******* embarrassed about this whole situation, I really don't know much about subwoofers/amps.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

I am not really worried about the subs too much, I am more worried that I ruined the 800$ amp. How can I tell if is still in full working condition or not?

I may have gotten snow on the amp on accident, could that be the reason?

I am pretty ******* embarrassed about this whole situation, I really don't know much about subwoofers/amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.