Sub for my boat!

7ender
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Well, I want a new sub for my boat. Currently running an oldddd audiobahn amp that's rated for 1200@1ohm (no idea what this puts out, but i'll assume somewhere aroudn 800 watts) and an alphasonik sub. Don't laugh or flame, theyv'e been in there for around 6 years before all this other good stuff came out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

The boat is a wakeboard boat, and has very limited airspace for the box. I'm going to find out the exact dimensions tonight, but i'm about 99% sure I can't fit a decent sized ported box in there. Sub MUST be a 12" (If I were to start over i'd do a ported 10", but hole (in boat) is already cut for a 12").

I'm a bit worried about running that audiobahn amp at 1 ohm...it's been run at 2 for the last 6years, think it'll do okay? Electrical is very good, three optima yellowtops and a 160amp alt.

Assuming it will, anyone have a recommendation on what to get? I was thinking of just going with an SSD or an LI cause they'll do okay off that 800. Goal here is more to get loud than sound good, though i'd like to retain some sq. Listening environment isn't exactly the best. I know a sealed box isn't the greatest application to achieve this, but that's what i'm stuck with.

Trying to make it keep up with my speakers...but I dont' know if it's possibly off only 800. LOTS of speakers in the boat, two 10" mids (yes, mids, they're made specifically for boats) that run off a PPI 2000 watt amp, and four 6.5" Type R comps.

get this sub to go along with your boat.

ASTUTE-CLASS-SUBMARINE.jpeg.jpg

buy a pro audio horn loaded sub
face it towards the stern toward the waker.

end thread
call me crazy, but I think that would be a WEEEE bit of a space issue.

Against popular opinion I was going to suggest the Lanzar Opti1232d since it's supposed to do well in a small sealed box. I'm running one ported and have been really impressed for the price, but I didn't realize the SSD is not that expensive - just a little more than the Lanzar. I guess Fi would be the safer choice.

what boat is it? where i'm from, its not uncommon for people to buy a new nautique or other, tear it down to a bare hull, and drop 40g's putting a stereo in it and build the interior around it.

For the lulz, I put my 7 cube box and 18" APXX in my boat with the 2 C&Ds with the Orion 2500D and I got some weird looks from the other people with subs in their boat. As always, there's one that says theirs is louder. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif Until you turn it on. The water makes it seem much louder from a distance, which is understandable when you think about there not being any obstructions.

It's a 23' deckboat. Fourwinns 234.

For the lulz, I put my 7 cube box and 18" APXX in my boat with the 2 C&Ds with the Orion 2500D and I got some weird looks from the other people with subs in their boat. As always, there's one that says theirs is louder. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif Until you turn it on. The water makes it seem much louder from a distance, which is understandable when you think about there not being any obstructions.
It's a 23' deckboat. Fourwinns 234.
i know a guy running a pair of dd 9512's ported with a pair of zapco 9.0's, and like four 6.0's on the 8 sets of 6.5" zapco competition components. the whole setup is rock solid. thats the jist of it.

lets just say that due to cancellation, its louder with the pair of 12"s than with eight 10"s in a previous install.

talk about some serious energy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.