Sub for a highschool student?

95ZJ
10+ year member

The Resident Ginger
I know I've been making a lot of threads lately, asking the same basic question, but all involving expensive subs. So I ask you guys, what can I get for about $700? I'd need subs and amp, as my parents offered to buy me some components and an amp. I've already got a Pioneer DEH-880PRS, so I've got my HU out of the way. But I listen to a lot of rock, but I'd still like something that gets decently loud, as I do enjoy some rap every now and then. Thank you in advance //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif .

If I were you I would get the stereo integrity 15" mag and pair it with a viper 1200.1 amp. The sub will cost about 400 shipped and you can find a refurb viper amp for about 220 shipped. The sub is a nice and simple design that can get loud. You will need to build a box for it and that should bring you up to the 700 limit you have.

Fi Q18 or RLP 15s

(I couldnt see myself in your position buying the Magnum...too much money for what you get compared to the Qs)

Diamond Audio makes really nice class D amps

id invest more on some very nice component than sub if u listen mostly to rock, and just get a decent sub and amp..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.