PolyFill Question :D

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mugen
10+ year member

Superhero.
Walker, LA
How much of a difference do you guys think it'd make in this box? I just got one in for my dad, and it sounds great without any of it (with a 8" AA Assassin). I ordered two more already for me (they are like a perfect fit for my truck, and according to my calculations, they have a little over .45in^3 of airspace before sub displacement.

Just curious if adding polyfill will make a difference at all or not before I get them in so I can go ahead and buy it now and not have to take the sub back out and everything, I can just do it all at once.

EDIT:

Wow, I really am an idiot...

I only subtracted .75 from each number to get the internal volume, not 1.5 >_

I'm assuming polyfill will be a must now?

I would think it will help a lot. Basically adding polyfill will make the subs perform like they're n a bigger enclosure. Not sure how much to tell you to add though. Try searching "polyfill", and I'm sure you can find something that will help you out more.

yes add some poly fill, the bass tend to extend more... but dont put too much, usually they say 1lbs for 1cu.ft, but id say .75lbs for 1cu.ft is better:)

yeah, with a medium stuffing of poly-fil i think those millionbuy angled boxes would be pretty good if you're trying to fit subs in to a single cab truck.

i think the net volumes of the boxes are about:

8" box: 0.3

10" box: 0.4

12" box: 0.6

with a bit of stuffing that's pretty decent for a sealed box behind the seat of a truck.

AND they're CHEAP! definitely couldn't even build one yourself for that price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.