Sub for 500 watts rms?

B stocks will be ok for the vast majority of users. Jacob is a stickler for details. Sometimes you can't even tell the difference. Don't get me wrong it's luck of the draw. But never anything major
Ah, okay. that makes sense. I will look into getting one of those then

the E's are best for price but if u wanted to do 2 cheap look at sundown lcs $84 each or the fu 300 were on sale $69 2 of those with 500-1k rms be good..
I am okay with like up to $200 for a sub. Can only do 1 12 inch ported due to trunk restrictions with how much space I want to give up.

Warranty really doesnt matter on subs imo. No one warranties open coils anyways. So warranty would be like a cracked basket or something which is rare.
Ahh, well, that's lame

Not really... 99% of the time an open coil is user error. I havent blown a sub in over 10 years and I always put at least 2x rated to subs.

Oh, herp. Okay xD

Well, I have been looking at single 12s. The 12 Ev3 seems like a great option for my incoming Jl Audio 500/1.

I also know the Lethal injection is a beast. My issue is, I might get power hungry if I ever get an HO alternator. So like, yes the Ev3 would be great now. But there are so many what-if I want more power. Or I get a 4 channel amp, upgrade my rear 6x9s, and amp my JBL components in the front stage, and am lacking bass. But then again. I guess gain setting are there for a reason. I just don't want to be disappointed in the output. But judging on those videos the Ev3 seems sufficient

Oh, herp. Okay xD
Well, I have been looking at single 12s. The 12 Ev3 seems like a great option for my incoming Jl Audio 500/1.

I also know the Lethal injection is a beast. My issue is, I might get power hungry if I ever get an HO alternator. So like, yes the Ev3 would be great now. But there are so many what-if I want more power. Or I get a 4 channel amp, upgrade my rear 6x9s, and amp my JBL components in the front stage, and am lacking bass. But then again. I guess gain setting are there for a reason. I just don't want to be disappointed in the output. But judging on those videos the Ev3 seems sufficient
ignor or even just remove rear speakers won't need them with fair front mids and sub.. if u amp the fronts u will be great.. guy selling 2 PG 100x2 amps new for $100 for both on here get those sell one and buy new door speakers if u need them forget rears..

ignor or even just remove rear speakers won't need them with fair front mids and sub.. if u amp the fronts u will be great.. guy selling 2 PG 100x2 amps new for $100 for both on here get those sell one and buy new door speakers if u need them forget rears..
So, don't even do the rears? The rear deck 6x9s are midbass only. I already have them removed. The rear door coaxes are still stock but receive a full range signal. Was thinking about taking a 4 channel amp, tap into that signal, and powering the fronts and 6x9s. But I see your point. could get expensive and might be extremely pointless. I just have passengers a lot. And when you're listening to music in my back seats, words aren't a thing.

So, don't even do the rears? The rear deck 6x9s are midbass only. I already have them removed. The rear door coaxes are still stock but receive a full range signal. Was thinking about taking a 4 channel amp, tap into that signal, and powering the fronts and 6x9s. But I see your point. could get expensive and might be extremely pointless. I just have passengers a lot. And when you're listening to music in my back seats, words aren't a thing.
if u care about peeps in back seat that's up to u but we only care about front stage (u want words in front of u) last car I removed rear speakers and deck cause it rattled used the speaker holes as port into cabin for bass.. haven't done it in this car cause I'm old and don't feel like it lol., but I have hu faded 80% to front.. most I suggest u do is put cheap speakers rear anything that plays and run only off hu (hopefully your hu has hp xover set it at 120 or so for them and they are done, if your hu don't have hp xover buy 1 like mine best investment u will ever make $119) just use 2 channel amp for fronts., did u see the 2 pg 100x2 amps for sell on here? so u ordered that jl?

if u care about peeps in back seat that's up to u but we only care about front stage (u want words in front of u) last car I removed rear speakers and deck cause it rattled used the speaker holes as port into cabin for bass.. haven't done it in this car cause I'm old and don't feel like it lol., but I have hu faded 80% to front.. most I suggest u do is put cheap speakers rear anything that plays and run only off hu (hopefully your hu has hp xover set it at 120 or so for them and they are done, if your hu don't have hp xover buy 1 like mine best investment u will ever make $119) just use 2 channel amp for fronts., did u see the 2 pg 100x2 amps for sell on here? so u ordered that jl?
I somewhat do care about peeps in the back. Mainly because I have a 2004 acura tsx, and constantly drive places with them.

My head unit is a stock 2004 Acura TSX with navi, so it has a stock amplifier for all of the speakers. I can just get new speakers for rear doors I guess.

Nah, haven't looked into amps yet for the speakers. And yes, I bought the 500/1 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I will be purchasing an LC7i and some 9-speed wire to hook it up, for the mono amp and possible 2 or 4 channel amp in the near future. Plus the PAC AOEM-HON20 for it's wire harness, that way no cutting behind the stock head unit.

I somewhat do care about peeps in the back. Mainly because I have a 2004 acura tsx, and constantly drive places with them.
My head unit is a stock 2004 Acura TSX with navi, so it has a stock amplifier for all of the speakers. I can just get new speakers for rear doors I guess.

Nah, haven't looked into amps yet for the speakers. And yes, I bought the 500/1 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I will be purchasing an LC7i and some 9-speed wire to hook it up, for the mono amp and possible 2 or 4 channel amp in the near future. Plus the PAC AOEM-HON20 for it's wire harness, that way no cutting behind the stock head unit.
just saying save $ on the rears either use factory or get some $25 ones but they do need xover like the fronts do

Messaged the guy with the Phoenix holds. Might hop on that. Ahh, well factory amp has built in xover:)
Well if it's loud enough and u can adjust hp xover to 100-150 so they don't distort do that it's free., ima cheap old bastard everyone knows it.. only thing i'd like to do with rears is run them just as mids set hu hp xover to 60hz (if u have speakers that'll play that well) and amp over on them at like 180 so fronts don't have to play low set them at 120-150 but i don't want it that bad..

Well if it's loud enough and u can adjust hp xover to 100-150 so they don't distort do that it's free., ima cheap old bastard everyone knows it.. only thing i'd like to do with rears is run them just as mids set hu hp xover to 60hz (if u have speakers that'll play that well) and amp over on them at like 180 so fronts don't have to play low set them at 120-150 but i don't want it that bad..
****, took too long. Someone hopped on it already.

I don't know if I can adjust the filter on the stock amp. But I am sure it is already set around there. And good pair of coaxials for the rear that you'd recommend? I have JBL GX600c in the front. (They're 2ohm, didn't realize that. Stock stuff was 4, oops).

****, took too long. Someone hopped on it already.
I don't know if I can adjust the filter on the stock amp. But I am sure it is already set around there. And good pair of coaxials for the rear that you'd recommend? I have JBL GX600c in the front. (They're 2ohm, didn't realize that. Stock stuff was 4, oops).
if u can get cheap jbls do that but if u want good ones cheap look at lanzars lots of peeps with big systems use there mids

if u can get cheap jbls do that but if u want good ones cheap look at lanzars lots of peeps with big systems use there mids
Bringing back this thread, sorry. But for the E 12, how would it sound sealed off 500 watts? I am looking more and more into making a custom-fit fiberglass boxes. Kind of want to give it a go to see if I can get trunk space back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.