Sub for 500 watts rms?

Bringing back this thread, sorry. But for the E 12, how would it sound sealed off 500 watts? I am looking more and more into making a custom-fit fiberglass boxes. Kind of want to give it a go to see if I can get trunk space back.
It'll sound like any entry level sealed 12. Sorry. It there's no way to answer it any other way

It'll sound like any entry level sealed 12. Sorry. It there's no way to answer it any other way
All good, thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Or just a regular sealed mdf box would work too. Any subs for a 500 watts rms amp, around $200 +/- some that will be nice in a sealed box?

Because I am also debating on building a false wall to mount my amps to behind the backseat. So you can't see them from the trunk. Only way to see them would be to move the rear seats down

Its been about 10 years since i ran sealed. Memphis m3 12 on rf 1k. It sounded good, but wasnt loud by most of our standards.

Bringing back this thread, sorry. But for the E 12, how would it sound sealed off 500 watts? I am looking more and more into making a custom-fit fiberglass boxes. Kind of want to give it a go to see if I can get trunk space back.
yeah sealed with 500 will sound good but it won't run u out of the car or anything.. seen peeps say E sound good sealed just do 1.25cf or 1.4 maybe.. if u want loud as u can get with 500rms get pioneer like mine 96db $70 ebay, if u don't like u won't be out much $ but i bet u like it enough, u should hear it in prefab ported with 930rms lol neighbors hate me,, backed car up today left running to check volts at amp wife was bitc*in, rattling sh*t in den lol (brick house just saying)

Definately. I just wouldnt run sealed if output was 1 of the primary goals
Well, output is a goal in a sense that I want to be able to feel it when I want to, you know? Have two low end 12s in a ported prefab, and it's decently loud.

yeah sealed with 500 will sound good but it won't run u out of the car or anything.. seen peeps say E sound good sealed just do 1.25cf or 1.4 maybe.. if u want loud as u can get with 500rms get pioneer like mine 96db $70 ebay, if u don't like u won't be out much $ but i bet u like it enough, u should hear it in prefab ported with 930rms lol neighbors hate me,, backed car up today left running to check volts at amp wife was bitc*in, rattling sh*t in den lol (brick house just saying)
Would there be any benefits of a custom sealed, vs a prefab? I get ported is a difference, but is sealed?

Lol, I want to be able to bump it loud if I want (like car rattling)

Well, output is a goal in a sense that I want to be able to feel it when I want to, you know? Have two low end 12s in a ported prefab, and it's decently loud.

Would there be any benefits of a custom sealed, vs a prefab? I get ported is a difference, but is sealed?

Lol, I want to be able to bump it loud if I want (like car rattling)
kr15 said what i was thinking earlier 10 ported would be louder than a 12 and my 12 ported box is 22x15x14, some 10 u could cut that down to 18w x 12.5h x13d = 1.7cf total like 1/2 cf more than sealed 12.. something like that if u have width not depth make box wider.. if u gonna do sealed i'd just get 3/4" mdf prefab, dual 12 box on amazon is best deal right now $37, keep having to stop myself from buying it and getting 2nd pioneer, would sound good but wouldn't be louder with 2 subs..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.