Sub for 500 watts rms?

ALDJ253

I am looking at the IDQ 12 v4, the current Arc Audio Arc series 12, and any other 12 inch subs people would like to suggest around the same price as the IDQ and Arc. I am trying to get the best sub that will run off 500 watts rms around that price. Leaning towards IDQ for price.

EDIT: What about the JL Audio W3v3?

Last edited by a moderator:
What is most important, sq characteristics or output? The LI is a different type of sub than the others listed
I want to sound good, but mainly be loud off of just 500. I have 2 memphis 12 inch PR15D4V2 subs, and don't want to lose a lot of the SPL, but gain better accuracy. The memphis 12 inches are in a prefab (bought them used, with the box and amp, for like $150 years ago).

I suggest the Sundown e v3 in a proper ported box.

Others like the Alpine Type S will be very accurate, but probably lack the output you would want.

I suggest the Sundown e v3 in a proper ported box.
Others like the Alpine Type S will be very accurate, but probably lack the output you would want.
The E v3, would sound better than the LI? How would output compare at 500 watts?

EDIT: Found this on youtube. Holy crap that is loud enough for me.

Im a huge fan of the LI, its one of my favorite subs ive used. I did find it to be a little peaky tho. I think it will be easier to achieve linearity out of the E. And i think it is a better choice on 500w. 2.5" coil vs 3"

The LI is a great sub tho. I just think the E matches your application better

I want to sound good, but mainly be loud off of just 500. I have 2 memphis 12 inch PR15D4V2 subs, and don't want to lose a lot of the SPL, but gain better accuracy. The memphis 12 inches are in a prefab (bought them used, with the box and amp, for like $150 years ago).
yeah sundown e but if u want something louder and better sq than memphis get my pioneer pro 3003 $70 ebay it'll blow your mind 96db..

Im a huge fan of the LI, its one of my favorite subs ive used. I did find it to be a little peaky tho. I think it will be easier to achieve linearity out of the E. And i think it is a better choice on 500w. 2.5" coil vs 3"
The LI is a great sub tho. I just think the E matches your application better
Yeah, I have seen people glorifying the LI. I just don't want to get a new sub, and be disappointed, you know? But, I think after seeing those videos, the E 12 will be fine. Thanks for the help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah, I have seen people glorifying the LI. I just don't want to get a new sub, and be disappointed, you know? But, I think after seeing those videos, the E 12 will be fine. Thanks for the help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
yeah and that was the old E model

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.