Sub choices....which one?

armymp90099

Ok I have narrowed my options down to 2 subs. Ive narrowed it down based on my budget and I am replacing an Alpine Type R 15. I just want all the opinions I can get before I buy a sub. Ok The two options are

AQ HDC3 15

DC LVL4 15

I compared the T/S Parameters and it looks like the AQ beats the DC except for only a few things. I will have the AQ1200D amp to work with and about 3 FT^3 of box space to work with tuned to probably 38 or 40hz. I have a trunk car and I'm going for a daily driver that will make your teeth rattle and make people nauseous. I will build a competition box only for competitions. Based on all that info what do you guys think? I am leaning toward the AQ....Thanks guys.

Ok thanks for the input. If i get the DC and have maybe 3.14 FT^3 to work with (before displacement) what would I tune it to? 34? I want to make people tap out (obviously not like steve meade but you get the idea). I am going to use a shallow box design cuz thats what works best with my car. I can either go sub/port up - or sub up/port back. My dimensions would be around 38" W x 11" H x 19" D. Like I said this is the best design for my car and the height can be modified by an inch or 2 if necessary. Thanks for the responses guys.

Ok thanks for the input. If i get the DC and have maybe 3.14 FT^3 to work with (before displacement) what would I tune it to? 34? I want to make people tap out (obviously not like steve meade but you get the idea). I am going to use a shallow box design cuz thats what works best with my car. I can either go sub/port up - or sub up/port back. My dimensions would be around 38" W x 11" H x 19" D. Like I said this is the best design for my car and the height can be modified by an inch or 2 if necessary. Thanks for the responses guys.

I have 6cf box for the 2 15 level 4's and I used round ports, tuned at 34hz..... like i said they hit low and hit hard.

but, Im noticing you only have 11" of hight, so do you plan on doing a angled enclosure? or sub up? I struggled to design a box that would fit my trunk, I only had 14" of hight, im curious to know what your plan is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.