Sub and amp

Participant count
  • Participant list
i did a bandpass box with a 10 " woofer on 500 watts rms for my buddy a few years back ,was pretty loud and sounded great sub ,box , wires , and amp was 420

i want a nice sub and amp for under 400 with wires and everything. what else will work? and why do the ****? bad sound?
Well you know how overpriced Crutchfield is to begin with...that amp puts out 175wx2 @4 (supposedly) the box has a frequency response of 45-165hz...tuned @ mid to high 40's...way too high for a good sound and no lows.

Check this out- Boston 12's in the right size box tuned to 34hz and plenty of port area...efficient and will dig down a lot lower than the SO box.

800W Boston Acoustics 12" G112PD GTuned Series Loaded Enclosure

Might as well get a proven amp with 3x the power at 2ohms that has the capability to run more power to a better set up in the future if you decided to sell the BA cab on C/L for $150 a year from now..

MB Quart ONX1.1000D - ONYX Class D Monoblock Car Amplifier/Amp

I know people here have ran more than twice the power these are rated for, a friend of mine runs 650w rms to this same box and it sounds real good for the $.

Boston and Quart for the same $ as Sound Ordinance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.