sub and amp thumbs up or down

3013ps are the BEST budget sub that i've ever owned... they sound great, i got 2 12's sealed box... hit so hard everybody asked if i had 15's... i ordered 2 more but got xw12 [kenwood excelon] pretty much same sub little better... don't know what sonics got got mine ebay... 89.95 free ship for 2 brand new with warranty and would put them up against a higher end system... and when they say 400w rms, they crave 400w rms... i'm running all four 12 @ 1ohm on a 2000w amp [clamped 1750w] just plain great subs... killed those other budget subs prior i went through... hifonic 12d4, kicker cvr, ken. w112s[8ohm garbage], pioneer champion probably my second fav. budget sub.... i can't imagine how loud they are in ported box... geez... you won't be disappointed for the money...

THUMBS UP on the kenwood !!!

get a 400w amp or better depending on ur liking, i have put a back up [300w] amp on two and was still surprised by deep bass...

I've checked Craigslist in my area and most of them are pretty expensive. I look at the brand and model number and then search for them online and most of the time it turns out they are only a few dollars cheaper. Ok I am going to hold off on purchasing those stratos, but if I can't find something better I'am just going to go ahead and purchase them. Also, are Kenwoods subs good or not? I am talking about in general not any specific series.

Honestly you can get a nice small system for about 4-500 I you look around and install it yourself. I usually spend at least 1k on mine but I understand your circumstances.

The kenwood bass pack Is fine for beginners just don't expect a whole lot out of it.

As far as sealed vs ported

Sealed is smaller in size and is usually flat from the subs fs frequency on up to the cut off point

Ported is larger in size and has a peak at the tuning frequency, but depending on the box size and port area of the box combined with decent tuning the ported box can sound just as good while maintaining a few decibels louder.

Seale is easy to build and cheaper to buy where Ported boxes can get complex and good prefab ported boxes carry I higher price

MSW | Car Audio Stereo, Car Subwoofers, Car Amplifiers and Speakers has good boxes in general and good customer service

Amp Installation Kits, HDMI Cables has great amp kits at even better prices

The audiotechnic sub listed above is fine and Coleman is a great guy to deal with that amp is great as well.

All in all you get what you pay for so be chosey and find good deals

I hear you man. I'm definitely not trying to be buying subs and amps constantly. therefore, I am looking for some to last at least a few years. I would much rather skip on the name brands because they tend to be pricey when you can get just as good if not better ones at a lower price from a different company. I wish i had a bigger budget I would definitely go with the sundown sa 10 d2. A friend has one in a ported box and they sound really good, but at the same time it's a bit too loud. I wonder how they will sound in a sealed box. Anyways getting off topic so how long would you guys suggest i should continue shopping around before settling down with the audio technix? I know a few guys said I can do better than the stratos, can you give an example?

well for the price? ehhh you can do better if you up the price but you'll run well into the 400+ if we talking about doing better. The guys that said you can do better than the stratos, are they bassheads that like it loud? Or do they prefer mainstream stuff from sonicelectronix? If they do find better deals for the same budget then its cool. As long as they dont suggest spl oriented or unreliable brands then it should be fine.

Yeah I'm just going to end up going with the audio technix sub and amp. Its seems to be pretty go especially for my low budget. What can I say I'm balling on a budget. Thanks for everything fellas.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.